1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motivx Tools MX2301 Engine Oil Funnel

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Adam1a, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Adam1a

Adam1a Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I purchased this last week for my new 2017 Prius 3 Touring as I commute 180 miles daily. I plan to do my own basic maintenance including oil changes - I change the oil about every 6 weeks so having something that helps make the task faster or creates less mess in great in my book. You will have to push the plastic trim above the engine to get the funnel to thread into the oil fill hole. Amazon has the best price for it so far.

I would post a picture but I have to create a couple more posts.

2. djarmy2004

djarmy2004 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I feel your pain I drive 50 miles each way to work and about 30 to nearest city. mine is a 16 and I just had the dealer do the 45k service and now they are no longer free for me so diy time lol

SM-G955U ?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It's always a good idea to take that trim piece off, keeps it clean. (y)

See if you can get Toyota oil in bulk from the dealership: likely the cheapest route, and keeps a lot of bottles out of the recycle stream, or as often as not, the landfill. Gas containers are good for bulk oil purchase, and for holding drain oil: if you can find a used-oil return place where you can pour out, again avoids oily bottles.

RCO likes this.
  4. Adam1a

Adam1a Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Here is a picture of the engine oil funnel installed when I was doing my last oil change.

IMG_20171111_105403.jpg

RCO and Mendel Leisk like this.