1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Motor Mouth: Benz's Vision EQXX drives 1,000 km on a single charge

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Motor Mouth: Benz's Vision EQXX drives 1,000 km on a single charge | Driving

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Says "a face only an aerodynamicist could love" but it doesn't look that bad to me. Hey, if I could get used to a Gen 4 Prius....

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Dang, I don't have kilometers to drive. <GRINS>

Bob Wilson

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    didn't vdumb make a similar claim a few years back? i think it was a million dollar prototype or some such

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That’s on a 1.0L/100km car. Perhaps that’s what you’re thinking?

bisco likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    prpobably :unsure:

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    bisco, bwilson4web and Tideland Prius like this.
  8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Good on Mercedes. Building a one-off car. That's 600 plus miles on a single charge.
    Heck - that's only a hundred miles or so - less than you could do in a Tesla Model S (with prototype battery) for a whole lot less money than a prototype MB.

[QUOTE ] "...... A company called Our Next Energy or ONE, put a prototype battery pack into a Tesla Model S and drove the incredible distance without recharging. The Gemini 001 battery has a capacity of 203.7 kilowatt-hours, about double that of a Model S, ...... "[/QUOTE]

https://screenrant.com/tesla-model-s-traveled-752-miles-single-charge-how/

750 miles - with an upstart battery company's pack. Once they get in production it'd definitely solve @Salamander_King 's range concerns.

#8 hill, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  9. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    And the MB did it with a 100 kWh battery.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  10. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    This is the second or third reference to Motor Mouth, I've read in a post here at priuschat in so many days (2 or 3 days but not keeping an ongoing account, yet! anyways)
    Me personally, I'm wondering how many actual Motor Mouths? or motor mouth column authors ( besides the author of the linked article David Booth) driving.ca employes or subcontracts ? .... ?

How many of the articles 13 paragraphs of the RAVE review did any one reader find it not to difficult a task to take a butcher knife too? I counted 13 paragraphs that sounded to much to me like a bad translation of a second hand report. My butchering of this article started at paragraph #1 and didn't stop until after finishing up with paragraph #13 ... :ROFLMAO:

Bad translations and RAVE reviews are like an old hat to me now, all stretched out and constantly getting misaligned on the head.

Having been lucky enough to stare at bumper during morning commute from Burlington to a northern suburb of Toronto ie: Richmond Ontario Canada, after getting on the Queen Elizabeth Way System in Niagara Falls, I'm no stranger to the typical drive on many of the various routes within the Canada interstates 400 series highways. I am a stranger when it comes to autobahn and or the alps, except from second hand reports.

For example
    Perhaps, the route taken might have short circuited any other EV within reason, on the other hand 3° at the peak of a mountain leaves us to wonder what the ambient temp range was for the other parts of the "Not The Cannonball Run" trip.
    Many EV owners already know that a fully warmed up automotive electrical system isn't effected noticeably by short exposure to near freezing temps, on the other hand long periods of cold soaking temps do just what is implied as read.

Links to the source the author used. so we could do out own translations would be nice.

11. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Yes - & hopefully MB will some day be able to say they did it with a 200 kWh battery - that has the capability to fit in their prototype car's existing cavity . . . . AND that the car gets off the experimental list & into production.

bwilson4web likes this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and sells at a competitive price. r&d is great, and necessary. but hype over stuff that hasn't come to market is just that.
    tesla shorts appreciate it though

hill likes this.