1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motor shakes when it first starts up or takes off

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by AJRoss57, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Fahad’s

Fahad’s Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    exactly the same noise coming from my car i dont know what is it and it doesnt last long after engine warm it gets smooth , can any ody

2. Fahad’s

Fahad’s Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    hi
    my prius 2009 3rd gen making a same noise and its just started last week when the weather went colder and i dont know what is it , but its only happens for 15/20 seconds when the engine is cold then also only on idle position , then car runs smoothly i have done my complete motor vehicle test yesterday and straight away it went pass no problem at all . .. can anybody help me in this regard ?

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The best thing to do is to avoid the conditions that make it happen.

So, do not allow a cold engine (ICE) to start and run for ONLY a few seconds and then powered off and allowed to sit for several hours (usually overnight). It's upon the next start up that the noise/rattling occurs.

If yours is doing this in other conditions, you probably have a different issue (spark plugs, coils, fuel, etc).

GOOD LUCK!

Fahad’s likes this.
  4. Fahad’s

Fahad’s Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    thanks i ll try not to drive in that noise to switch it off if its make noise then start in a bit . is that ok ? its only happens when engine is cold .