1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

motorola phone and Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Oona, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Oona

Oona New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    California laws for driving and phones are about to become very strict. This means I really need to find a way to connect my Motorola phone to the built-in Bluetooth system in the car. But I don't believe Motorolas are recognized by the stock system, are they? I've looked at aftermarket solutions, and the ones I've seen recommended require an aux audio jack. I really would be grateful for advice on this. I'm a supportive services assistant to working people with disabilities and i need to be contactable whencim in my car.

2. Gnarly

Gnarly Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. Gnarly

Gnarly Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That's the easiest and most simple way not to get ticket. You can activate the Google search function so it hears your voice commands and all everything is handsfree.
    Good luck.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. Oona

Oona New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey thanks for the reply! That one also requires an auxillary jack, which I don't see on the instrument panel of my Prius...

5. Gnarly

Gnarly Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  6. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just about all cell phones work through bluetooth. If you have a phone that does not have bluetooth, the easiest solution may be to upgrade your phone. And I'll go out on a limb and say, just about all Motorola cell phones manufactured within the last decade has bluetooth as standard. I have a 2 year old Motorola Moto E in my hand that is paired to my Prius.

See if the dealer can help you pair your phone if you don't have a teenager handy to help you.