1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motorola V557 ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by comtech5, Mar 17, 2006.

1. comtech5

comtech5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm surprised that there's been no discussion of the Motorola V557, which has apparently replaced the V551. I need to know if this later model will transfer the entire phone book. Does anyone have any experience with this one? Is there a master list of phones that are known to transfer the entire phone book? I have close to 1000 contact entries so I can't do them one at a time. One of my requirements is that the phone has an external antenna connector, which most of the Motorola flips have (except the Razor and Slvr).

2. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1000 contacts!!! WOW- I don't think it has changed. I also have the V551 but upgraded to a Razr. The Razr only transmits one # at a time too. I have a feeling it is a Motorola issue and nothing to do with the BT.

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

It's a carrier issue. They have the manufacture block certain features of OBEX that would allow you do this and other things.

4. comtech5

comtech5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I doubt that it is the carrier, as I have successfully transferred entire phone book from a Nokia 6310i to a BMW, yet that same phone will not transfer data to a Prius. Again, does anyone know of a list of phones that will transfer the entire phone book? Has anyone ever gotten this feature to work with any phone?? This whole transfer phone book subject just seems needlessly shrouded in mystery. There needs to be some intelligent discussion on this.