1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MotorTrend - Prius Coupe coming

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Nov 10, 2008.

1. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It works for me. The Prius is my first 4 door car, and I can count the times I use the extra doors on one hand (almost). If it has room for my bike, I'd be first in line. Two doors are all I need.

2. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It will be hard to improve on the '08 Prius, unless it's an upgrade in the battery technology. I don't know if less doors is an improvement. Just cosmetic. This is about as sensible a car as was ever designed--in my view.
    I saw a review of a battery-powered Porsche 911 built by Rupp. The driver said it was so quiet and smooth it drove like a spaceship. That's exactly the feeling I get driving a Prius. It is very relaxing--around town at 35 mph or on the highway at 70 mph. Smooth and quiet. And 50 mpg to boot.

3. nfschlaack

nfschlaack Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I actually caught myself going (disappointment) oohhh! I think the two door concept looks sweet, wish they had them right now.

4. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    this I would buy for sure. My plan was to trade in or try to sell here a while back, but since the economy took a huge nose dive, and fuel cost took a larger nose dive.. I will wait it out so my resale goes back up.:cheer2:

A coupe is my style, my last car was a coupe..then before that another 4 door sedan. The prius get's high marks for it's hatch design, honestly I probably wouldnt have bought if it didn't have a 5th door..I am vein like that.

more sporty, nothing wrong with that. They can have two models, the family version and the coupe with nearly identical MPG

maybe slap some extra performance in the coupe with the coming tech, and still get 50+mpg

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You got it Matt, why not 2 models, the old farts like me can have 4 door hatches and you young trendy types can have a 2 door hatch, and then the mid life crisis crowd like a coupe too! Then how bout a ute for the lads in the country?

Toyota isn't a company to take stupid risks, they will examine the market and engineer the product to ensure the right models hit the markets.