1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mount phone holder to single din radio adapter?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Jeffrimerman, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was trying to find the best mount and where can it go. I'd rather not have the phone down low. I want to keep my eyes forward and also not cover things I need to see and also have the phone close to me. The best real estate seems to be on the left side of my aftermarket HU. Then I realized I can mount a phone holder to it so I wouldn't be permanently messing up any of the stock parts. Wanted to see if anyone else did this or what they think. Here is a pick of my radio dash adapter. I put a circle where I think the base of the phone hold can be mounted. phone real estate.jpg

2. FinToy

FinToy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    looks like a great location.(y)

5. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If your single DIN radio surround is strong enough not to crack from the weight, you could drill a small hole and install the phone holder portion of an iOttie Easy View Universal Car Mount Holder on a 17mm Pro.Fit Bravo Ball.
    iOttie Easy View Universal Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6s/6/5s/5c/4S, and Smartphone
    Pro.Fit Mounting Accessories for Cellphones, GPS units and satellite radios

I did something like this in a Lexus LS that I sold to a friend when I kept my phone-specific charging cradle and installed a Bravo Ball and iOttie phone holder on the Kuda phone console that I included with the car.

You would probably want to use a decent size metal washer with the Bravo Ball behind the radio surround to spread the weight of the phone holder to reduce the chance of the radio surround cracking unless the radio surround is metal.

The Bravo Balls come in packages of six but I might be able to scrounge one up and send it to you if you want to try this. I think I have several left and they're not doing any good sitting in a drawer. PM me if you are interested.

Jeffrimerman likes this.
  6. Jeffrimerman

Jeffrimerman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah I was thinking I can pull off the mount for most universal phone holders. I had a couple and can't find either of them so I'll have to order something to try. Thank you so much for that offer. I'll take a look and see if a ball might fit.