1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mount/wiring extra headlights

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by DDKIT, Jan 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. DDKIT

DDKIT New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Hello new member here,

I make a small jobb on a buss so i got some headlights as psyment. So mow i want to mount them to my prius

Its is two 55w halogen bulbs, i ha e bougth a cable kit and mounted them,

But in The installation notes it says to take The current from The battery, but The cables is not so long,

So my question is, where under The Hood can i gett The 12v i need?
    I should be werry happy if someone could show me with an image or some thing

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    One easy way is converting your main headlights and new secondary headlights to LED, as the load will likely still be in the acceptable range of just having two halogen headlights.

Alternatively, an electrical system that draws lots of power could be tapped into. But if I were in your situation I'd run a wire from the 12v to the front of the car, it's not that hard. Just run it under the carpet next to the bottom door trims you pull off to access the area under the carpet.

3. durr

durr New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Looks like they already have stock LED headlights. Having the headlights polished could enhance brightness. Anyway, I believe you can access a 12V source from the fuse-box in the engine bay.

You could copy the Fog Light installation with this thread: 2010 Prius Fog Light Install [Retrofit]
    Or underneath a plastic cover in the fuse box, there is a bolt with 12v.

#3 durr, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021