1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mountain States Region Deliveries

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by EV-ish, Feb 22, 2017.

1. EV-ish

EV-ish Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    In a similar vein to the Mid-west thread that tracked information and rumors of Prime to their region, this thread is for the mountain states region -- though perhaps with less angst since we have our own beers in unlimited quantities if required to calm the nerves.

Back in December I ordered a Prime + model from Santa Fe in NM rather than in my home state of Colorado since I live on the western slope and NM is an easier access for me than Denver and the local dealership was apathetic. Today this email from the dealership in SF was received:

"We got a notification from Toyota that the allocations will be soon. They are built in Japan so once allocated I will have an ETA. Like you I am hoping sooner than later. . You are the first one ordered of the three I have in the que. They have stopped all future orders so you will be one of only three owners in SF. ??"

Cool. I have no idea why future orders are stopped. I suppose it could mean a production hiccough, or simply that when inventory is in place future orders become irrelevant.

2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We may allow you mountain people to join the Midwest "fly over" Support Group but there will be an initiation process.

3. EV-ish

EV-ish Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Groove Toyota in Englewood, CO has the first Prime I've noted listed for the mountain region. It is a blue 'Premium' trim listed for ~ 30k, which I think is about MSRP. This at least probably tells us that the dealer babble about the region only receiving 'Advanced' models is nonsense.

My dealership in Santa Fe, NM where I reserved a base model has so far been quite accurate in their communications but the general veracity and accuracy of Toyota dealerships leaves a whole lot to be desired.

4. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Like I said elsewhere, I was notified last week that Colorado's first allocation was granted and expected to be delivered late March to early April. I drove two Primes here in November but I'm sure those were traded for and I suspect the same with the one at Groove.

We expect this first allocation to be about 40 vehicles. Several weeks ago, there were 40 "sold cars" in the area - cars for which deposits had been paid.

5. N993T

N993T New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I've been a lurker here until now, but it is time to post and this seems like an appropriate thread.

Anyway, I ordered a Prime from Stevinson West in Lakewood back in November. Today it finally arrived! So the Prime has made it to the Mountain states, guess.

It is a shame that my schedule won't allow me to pick it up until Monday...

EV-ish and bisco like this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! can't wait for pics and to hear all about it. all the best!(y)

JacksonMs likes this.
  7. stuyguy

stuyguy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Well, they're not admitting to having a prime on the premises and letting others have a look. I stopped by

JacksonMs likes this.
  8. N993T

N993T New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Well, I gotta say I'm kinda glad they're protecting my investment

JacksonMs and stuyguy like this.
  9. EV-ish

EV-ish Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    The cynic in me says they have not cleaned the car yet.