1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You should put traps and poison by all 4 wheels. They will have to go by it to onto and in the car.
    Then they won't live long. If you just try to "repel" them, they will come back. But if you kill them,
    they can't come back. Others may, but you know how to deal with them. You'll never get rid of
    all of them, you can only keep them at bay.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That said, every time I look at those rear vents, at least from the inside of the hatch, I think of excuses to not put mesh on there. It looks like it would be awkward, and the other side of that sheet metal is maybe outside, so might promote rusting or water incursion. The outside is tucked in behind the rear bumper cover. The plastic flap has a very narrow edge, not really practical for drilling.

So I procrastinate.

3. WienerMobile

WienerMobile Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    II

4. WienerMobile

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    II
    While unloading my car after a trip to Florida, I found 3 dead baby mice and a pile of soundproofing fluff in the area below the cargo floor. Researching solutions turned up the Consumer Reports link below. Anybody tried the rodent tape from Honda? it seems a lot easier than installing metal mesh.
    Protect Your Car From Rodents | Chewing Wires - Consumer Reports
    >>>
    "There is a clever solution in a TSB from Honda: rodent-deterrent tape, essentially an electrical tape treated with super-spicy capsaicin, which Honda describes as “the stuff that puts the fire in a bowl of five-alarm chili.” The tape (part number 4019-2317) comes in a 20-meter roll, about 22 yards, and it is available through dealers and available online ($43).

We bought a roll of Honda’s rodent-deterrent tape to check it out. Beyond the cute rat graphics and gray color, it deceptively seems like regular electrical tape to us humans. There is no tear-inducing odor, but it does carry a label that warns against prolonged exposure to skin. Despite dares and double dares, we did not taste it and will trust that it is potent enough to deter even the most ravenous varmint."

Merkey likes this.
  5. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I triple dare you to task it! :whistle:

6. WienerMobile

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    II

Attached Files:

7. WienerMobile

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Doubt I'll buy the rodent tape, but I did find that mice chewed the white cottony stuff off the back of my glove box as well. I put some peppermint drops on the glove box, but I'm pretty sure the mother mouse left my car several days ago about 1000 miles south of my home.

bisco likes this.