1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Moveon.org's NY Times ad. . .

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Sep 12, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'll spin this in my post below.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I won't answer but I will write something completely off base below.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Sep 12 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]511224[/snapback]</div>
    this is getting tougher and tougher. its not you, it is the attack on the four star general that i find disgusting. do you think he is lying?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 12 2007, 11:00 AM) [snapback]511276[/snapback]</div>
    moveon.org accused the general of lying to us - of treason. you think he is lying to us? what do you make of the ny times giving them a big discount on that ad? they are making fox news look fair and balanced.

all the news they think is fair to print :lol:

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Sep 12 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]511224[/snapback]</div>
    this is getting tougher and tougher. its not you, it is the attack on the four star general that i find disgusting. do you think he is lying?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 12 2007, 11:00 AM) [snapback]511276[/snapback]</div>
    moveon.org accused the general of lying to us - of treason. you think he is lying to us? what do you make of the ny times giving them a big discount on that ad? they are making fox news look fair and balanced.

all the news they think is fair to print :lol:

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]511277[/snapback]</div>
    It wouldn't be the first time...nor will it be the last.
    But no, I don't think he's blatantly lying, I think he's spinning the facts and avoiding the whole truth as all good politicians are wont to do.

I haven't said much about the discount b/c I don't know the facts there. Can you point me to something.

4. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]511277[/snapback]</div>
    It wouldn't be the first time...nor will it be the last.
    But no, I don't think he's blatantly lying, I think he's spinning the facts and avoiding the whole truth as all good politicians are wont to do.

I haven't said much about the discount b/c I don't know the facts there. Can you point me to something.

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 12 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]511281[/snapback]</div>
    how did he spin the truth? you say he is not blatantly lying - is he lying at all?

also, there is a huge difference from opposing the war than attacking and accusing a four star general of lying - huge difference - which is what moveon.org did.

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 12 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]511281[/snapback]</div>
    how did he spin the truth? you say he is not blatantly lying - is he lying at all?

also, there is a huge difference from opposing the war than attacking and accusing a four star general of lying - huge difference - which is what moveon.org did.

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 08:11 AM) [snapback]511285[/snapback]</div>
    No, it is the same IMO. Being a 4-star general means nothing to me in regards to ones ability to lie or spin the truth. I do not idolize or afford someone special treatment due to rank or station beyond what I would bestow on any normal citizen. :)

8. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 08:11 AM) [snapback]511285[/snapback]</div>
    No, it is the same IMO. Being a 4-star general means nothing to me in regards to ones ability to lie or spin the truth. I do not idolize or afford someone special treatment due to rank or station beyond what I would bestow on any normal citizen. :)

9. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    David,
    Did you read the ad and look at the multiple links? There are clearly areas of unclarity if not outright fabrications and manipulation of the data. I you can choose to disagree with some of that, but the aggregate is hard to dispute and clearly paints a very different picture than what Patraeus presented. So yea, that's spinning and suggests untruth/lies.

10. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    David,
    Did you read the ad and look at the multiple links? There are clearly areas of unclarity if not outright fabrications and manipulation of the data. I you can choose to disagree with some of that, but the aggregate is hard to dispute and clearly paints a very different picture than what Patraeus presented. So yea, that's spinning and suggests untruth/lies.

11. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Move on is a marketing tool. As with all PR and marketing, you must take it with a grain of salt. Much like a white house report.

12. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Move on is a marketing tool. As with all PR and marketing, you must take it with a grain of salt. Much like a white house report.

13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Sep 12 2007, 11:20 AM) [snapback]511292[/snapback]</div>
    than the ny times is part of that tool too

and no i do not, i find it disgusting that they accused a four star general of betraying us. too bad you dont as do most other democrats along with you. says lots.

14. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Sep 12 2007, 11:20 AM) [snapback]511292[/snapback]</div>
    than the ny times is part of that tool too

and no i do not, i find it disgusting that they accused a four star general of betraying us. too bad you dont as do most other democrats along with you. says lots.

15. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where did I say i did not?
    It's S.O.P. and both parties have always behaved this way.

16. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where did I say i did not?
    It's S.O.P. and both parties have always behaved this way.

17. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 10:48 AM) [snapback]511309[/snapback]</div>
    Yea and you were discusted when I mentioned that US soldiers had commited rape and murder of innocent civilians in Iraq...but you shut up when I provided proof.
    It's not discusting to point out facts no matter who they're about. If these were complete fabrications meant only to slander then you can be disgusted...whether those fabrications were against a 4-star general or a serial murderer. Be offended by the act, not the person against whom it's made.

18. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 12 2007, 10:48 AM) [snapback]511309[/snapback]</div>
    Yea and you were discusted when I mentioned that US soldiers had commited rape and murder of innocent civilians in Iraq...but you shut up when I provided proof.
    It's not discusting to point out facts no matter who they're about. If these were complete fabrications meant only to slander then you can be disgusted...whether those fabrications were against a 4-star general or a serial murderer. Be offended by the act, not the person against whom it's made.

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 12 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]511320[/snapback]</div>
    You will notice that some of those accusations proved to be false - i have always believed unlike some including jihad jack murtha that people (even our member of the military) are innocent until proven guilty. yes there are some bad apples in the military - probably far fewer than in our general population -- 1.5 MILLION Americans have served in Iraq and Afghanistan - how many crimes have they committed?? and what is the % of those committing crimes vs the total % who have served.

it is not pointing out facts when they accuse a four star general who is in command of US forces there of "betraying us". that is libel and slander. you should be offended by that to - unfortunately you are not and neither are a majority of liberal democrats - and the reasons are fascinating.

20. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 12 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]511320[/snapback]</div>
    You will notice that some of those accusations proved to be false - i have always believed unlike some including jihad jack murtha that people (even our member of the military) are innocent until proven guilty. yes there are some bad apples in the military - probably far fewer than in our general population -- 1.5 MILLION Americans have served in Iraq and Afghanistan - how many crimes have they committed?? and what is the % of those committing crimes vs the total % who have served.

it is not pointing out facts when they accuse a four star general who is in command of US forces there of "betraying us". that is libel and slander. you should be offended by that to - unfortunately you are not and neither are a majority of liberal democrats - and the reasons are fascinating.