1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Moving to Prius Gen 4

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by kithmo, Mar 19, 2016.

1. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Just traded the Prius Plus (UK version of the v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon)in for a new top of the range (Excel in UK) Gen 4 Prius, so I'll be popping back across to the "Prius" forums from next week. Bypassed a 12 week waiting list by taking a cancelled order, due to pick it up next Friday. Had a test drive in a demonstrator at the dealers and was suitably impressed to order one. It's much more comfortable than the Plus(v lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) and the old Gen 3 I used to have, a lot quieter, more supple ride so it soaks up the bumps better, yet handling is better than the old gen 3. I'll still be looking in to see what's new, now and again, as I've picked up some very useful information over the last 3 years here, thanks, but in the meantime....cheerio for now.

#1 kithmo, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
    bisco likes this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! You might be the first UK owner here on PriusChat with a Gen 4.

3. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Thank you and thanks for the Gen 4 forum link, I couldn't see it on the menus.

4. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Are you going to miss all that room in the Prius v (as above, lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) wagon? I'm looking forward to seeing the new, redesigned v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon), which I assume will also be based on the new "global platform." One article said it might come out in 2017.

5. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    TBH, I've hardly ever used the available space, I bought it because it was more refined than the Gen 3 Hatch, quieter and more comfortable. The road noise on my old Gen 3 was terrible on anything other than smooth tarmac. This new Gen 4 is even quieter than the v, handles better and is a lot more economical.

6. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I gotta disagree with you about the new Gen 4 being quieter. There have already been several comments about excess tire noise.

My new '16 Three model is pretty bad on most roads and freeways... but I'm getting used to it.
    (Toyo 15" tires)

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's because you never owned a gen 1, 2 or 3.:cool:

I'mJp likes this.