1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MPG and EV% since fuse recall

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Wolfie52, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Wolfie52

Wolfie52 Senior "Jr" Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    EV% 1.5 mos.jpg I got my "fuse recall" done at the end of Jan, which reset my EV driving ratio. At the same time I also reset my "A" Trip meter, which I usually do every gas fill up. When I got the recall I had about 1/2 tank of gas, which is basically what I still have today! Nice!

This is the reason I got the PiP. Most of my driving is close to home, except my road trips. I have gotten 880 MPG since late Jan, and have been on EV 94%. No gas added in 1 1/2 months! Soon I will hit the road for 1200 miles and won't have to worry about range and still get 50 MPG. Perfect...

880mpg 1.5 mos.jpg

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done! you and i are brothers from another mother!(y)

mrlebop likes this.
  3. potatoesLOL

potatoesLOL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That’s some boss MPG for us PiP owners. I’m maxing at 80 and happy hahah

mrlebop likes this.
  4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's awesome!!

So far, I'm getting my best tank ever. Just got to 1/2 tank after 530 miles. IIRC, it was reading 131 mpg when I shut it off last night. But I haven't noticed any better EV range, either predicted or actual. I think I'm just making fewer longer trips lately and spending more of my driving time in EV on this tank. I'm pretty sure that now having an L2 charger is making a noticeable difference since I come home from work, eat, and then head right back out several times a week.

mrlebop likes this.
  5. CaliforniaBear

CaliforniaBear Clearwater Blue Metallic

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I recorded all my mileage parameters before the fuse change but none of them changed with the fuse replacement. The only thing that changed was the charging timer setting. I guess some dealers are more clever about making the fuse change.

jerrymildred likes this.
  6. PHEV GURU

PHEV GURU New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello everyone, for those who’ve had your cars new or low miles, what kind of range did you get? Got my 2013 with 68k miles and now has 82k miles.

I have a 60 mile round trip daily commute. First 10 miles of my trip is highway miles at speed limit 65mph, 2nd part is 10 miles stop and go, use up my EV (8miles) and last 10 mile let is 65mph but up hill mostly. I am struggling to get more than 55mpg.

On the way home it’s reversed and best I have done was 97mpg but when I don’t charge on the way down the car gets about 62 on the way back.

My avg speed is 27-30mph what’s wrong with my car?

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's probably more uphill one way than the other, or head and tail winds. 55-60mpg at 65mph sounds normal to me.