1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MPG Impact of Heater

Discussion in 'Prius v Fuel Economy' started by TomNat, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Geez, for a moment there I thought you were taking someone else on. o_O

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You don't keep better track of the screenshots you take for your vendettas?

It's not like I count my posts, but PriusChat does, and at 21,705 in the 15 years I've been posting, if we're going back "6 months or so" I've probably posted around 700 times since then. At least I can say I'm flattered by your opinion of my memory.

Hey, on the internet, no one's supposed to be able to tell I'm a dog!

My cover is blown! I'm rooned! RoooOOOOOOOoooooooned!!!

#42 ChapmanF, Oct 11, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  3. V Sport Wagon

V Sport Wagon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It's more so just reminding you that there are others here who..A) Are smarter with more hands on experience who have facts behind their findings and not arbitrary lofty and proprietary claims of Prius knowledge. B) Keeping your ego and information in check when applicable and you decide try to outpost someone.

Indeed, you remember the incident. I don't need a screenshot, it's in your head where it counts.

#43 V Sport Wagon, Oct 11, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  4. V Sport Wagon

V Sport Wagon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think at this point, I'm more furious at this antiquated dinosaur of a website that A) Doesn't let you delete posts and B) Decides to double or triple post something when you 1 click to send C) Missing posts, not scrolling to the top of threads when you click on them. At least with 'social' media you can send someone to the abyss with a keystroke, here you still have to be burdened with their tiresome continuum.

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The best part is how quickly that went from

to

with the extra twist of suggesting I'm dissembling about what I do or don't remember, as a distraction from the immediate spectacle of your own dissembling about the screenshot. Did you ever have the screenshot? What kind of Fell Angel of Humility Enforcement are you, anyway?

An incident I do remember that's probably like it is the time I was telling a Gen 3 owner they could unplug the 12 V battery at the back. You can in Gen 1 and Gen 2, but at that time I hadn't caught on they dropped that plug in Gen 3. I insisted for longer than I should have. If you haven't got the screenshot of that, it's too bad; it likely beats the one you've been fixating on.

But, y'know, even that, for a person who acknowledges mistakes and moves on, turns out not to be really as big a deal as you're trying to make of it. A moment of chagrin, a 'sorry, my bad' post, and the world keeps right on turnin'.

There are plenty of examples throughout PriusChat of places I've gone back and corrected mistaken things I had posted at earlier times, even if it meant reviving some long-dormant thread just to stick a correction on the end of it, and even if there wasn't a Fell Angel of Humility Enforcement riding me to do it. Other members have no doubt seen those examples (look! look! he makes mistakes!) and yet they have not all written me off as an unreliable source. They make their judgment calls one way, and nothing stops you making yours another way.

6. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yawn…