1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mt. St. Helens Blows

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hdrygas, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

Wolfy and jayman normally when the weather is good I can see Mt. Baker steaming 90 miles east of here. There is a steam vent on the south east shoulder of it. After a while you just get used to living on the "ring of fire" If it's your time it's your time. No matter where. Could happen anyplace, in the office, on the road to work, eating lunch, who knows, so you just enjoy it. For all jayman knows the next big quake could be under Lake Winnipeg and it'll swollow up the town named after it.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey dont forget the North Cascades Hiway located just northeast of Everett. breath taking scenery. also just on another more weather related note. the highway opened thursday beating the old record by over 2 weeks!!

that is a true inidicator of the lack of snow we have had here. the record for late opening was the 2nd week of june caused by excessive snowpaks.

3. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok totally unrelated but announced today, the Men's Journal ranked Olympia as the 10th best place to live in the US.

Writers went on to say of Olympia: "Scene: Feels like a small town although, as the state capital, it's got all the amenities of much bigger cities. Located at the southern end of Puget Sound, a short drive from Mount Rainier."

those amenities include the largest allocation of Priuses in the region.

at least we know what is important here!!

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. When I do finally get to come up your way for a pleasure trip, it will be on the Goldwing, and I'll be making sure to cover all kinds of back roads. :mrgreen:

5. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ok alright ... maybe this summer.

6. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Frank:

:crazyeyes:

Oh that's it, from now on *you* start paying for the therapist!

Yeah, when your time is up, that's all folks:

:violin:

7. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Out of all the US Yellowstone was made into our first National Park, and for a good reason. While each park has much to offer, Jellystone is beyond belief. My personal second favorite is Glacier. Part-time living on Kilauea Volcano in HI offers Lava flows, earthquakes, and the opportunity for tsunamis for the primal-livers. Why watch Discovery channel when you can BE discovery channel?

8. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i agree, yellowstone is one of the best for the lower 48's anyway. alaska has some pretty awesome parks also