1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mud flaps for a 2004?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mikepaul, Feb 2, 2004.

1. egs

egs Junior Member

I might be interested in a group order. I don't know if the end result would be cheaper if someone has to remail them out (unless the merchant will ship them all separately).

Also, as for installing them... When I put the flaps on my Odyssey, there was enough room to drill the holes if you turned the wheels really sharp - not sure if that will work with these...

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The plan will be for the merchant to directly ship seperately.

3. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm planning on visiting my Mom and taking the flaps and a few dollars to the guy who works on her vehicles. He welded up the exhaust on my Kia so I could use it until I could trade it in, so this should be a snap...

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can anyone who's installed the flaps after not having them for the first couple thousand miles state, with some certainty, how much impact on gas mileage they have. I'd sure like to have them, and I'm willing to sacrifice maybe 1 mpg, but 2-3mpg is probably more than I want to do, and they sure seem to stick out there 'grabbing air' and defeating the purpose of the .26 Cd.

Anyone?

5. Hoagie

Hoagie New Member

They do not appear to stick out much further then the wheels, so it shouldn't be even a 1mpg difference (guessing). Although, I never did think about that -- I'm already planning on slapping Coatal Dave's receiver hitch onto the back of my car, which will weight it down some... hm... so many tiny MPG impacts adding up. :|

6. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Evan,
    I installed mine with about 1500 miles on the car and have noticed no change in MPG other than the temperature related increase. They are installed in the shadow of the front wheel and do not extend much lower than the air dam in front of the front wheels. I doubt that their effect would be measurable. After all they are standard on the Canadian Prius and Toyota still quotes the .26 drag number there. I can verify the effectiveness as the front doors get very little if any splash from the front wheels now.

7. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I spoke with carsontoyota just yesterday regarding this issue. Most dealers dont have the mudflaps but they are in the process of ordering and can ship them directly to you. Cost is about $59.00 per set. Call Steve Ganz 800-908-6968.

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you have a US part number so I can call my local Toyota Parts dept. to see if they can get them?

9. Hoagie

Hoagie New Member

These part numbers are off the Texas dealership listed earlier in this thread.

00012-P0488-21 (front)
    00012-P0488-22 (rear)

I am unsure if these are Toyota part numbers, or if the dealership just assigned those number on their own.

10. Smooth Operator

My mileage has actually increased since I had my mudflaps installed.

Take a look at the photos that I put into the modifications photo area. I think you will see just how little these mudflaps extend past the line of the car itself.

11. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok guys, thanks, I, too, think I'm ready to get some installed, the spray just looks terrible.

12. terkar

terkar New Member

Seasalsa: Tried to view mudflap pics. How do you do this?

13. Hoagie

Hoagie New Member

14. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    At this point, just a rough idea of the discount is important. One set for the front will do for now, unless the discount is REALLY good...

15. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My Canadian Side Window Visors arrived today but it is only 48 degrees so I can not install them unil it warms up to above 60 degrees.

The installation appears to be straight forward. No tools are required, they have a 3M tape installed on them and an applicator tube of activator that is to be applied to a clean surface.

I will be starting a new thread on Side Window Visors and supplying more info and pictures soon.

16. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ordered my mudflaps (splash guards as they say in Canada) from Toyotatown; Langely, BC. 604-530-3156. Steve in parts was very positive, had the parts on-hand and is shipping them UPS. Total cost was $50CDN; shipping $10CDN. Thats less than buying them in the US. 8)

17. pino

pino Junior Member

Could you please count me in as well?

Thanks!

18. Bill Compton

Bill Compton New Member

If I am not to late I'd like to be included in a group purchase of mud flaps.
    Please keep us advised.
    Thanks in advnce.

19. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, I'm confused, and too lazy to read all 80 messages in this thread....

Where are we on a group purchase? Is this a done deal we just need a list of names kinda thing, or, is someone actually just looking into it, or is it just a neat idea at this point?

I'm ready for mud-flaps too...I didn't think I'd want them, but I have spray on the back of my side rear-view mirrors for goodness sakes, that's bad spray.

So, somebody update this thread for me please, OR, if we're starting an actually list we should either have an e-mail address or a new thread specifically for those who want in on the deal listing prices and shipping dates/times/etc.

If not, I may try the BC connection.

20. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm still waiting on Steve from Toyotatown to contact me back about doing a group discount for us. He said he was open to the idea, but I haven't heard from him recently. I just emailed him again to let him know that we are still interested.

I'll let you know if I hear anything from him, or I might just call him tomorrow if I haven't heard anything by then. In the meantime, I'm going to start a thread in Commercial Sales (Soon to be renamed to Sponsored Sales) and we'll start getting a list together of people interested, instead of this thread where they are kinda mixed in throughout the 80 or so posts.