1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mud Flaps/Spash Guards - Affects on Fuel Economy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Blue-Adept, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Rowan

Rowan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I see in your signature that you have:

Are the door edge liners a factor part? Where did you get them?

Thanks,

Rowan

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You can get them at Advance auto parts, that's where I found them. They come in black or chrome and are simple to install. I bought 3 packages to completely cover all door edges at a cost of about $2.50 a package. Took me 5 minutes, including cutting them to size.

You can see them, just barely, in the side view picture in my album. Look closely and you'll see what I mean.

Good luck! :wink:

3. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I recently got the fender mullett (ahem, mudflap) kit from Coastal Tech and also found them very easy to install. It was a perfect excuse to actually try out the jack to jack up the car and remove the rear tires so that I will be familiar with how the jack and the wheel locks work in case I ever need it for an emergency. As mentioned in previous posts, they fit very well, look factory installed, required a small amount of drilling and I had them installed in about 45 minutes. Before I installed them I was joking with some friends that I would attach chrome "mud flap girl" trim on the rear mudflaps, similar to what some 18-wheelers have, but these mudflaps are so small and subtle as to be almost unnoticeable and don't have enough surface area to mount the mug flap girls. Looks like my reputation dodged another bullet...