1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Multi Information Display and Radio not functioning

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bolshevik Bonobo, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Bolshevik Bonobo

Bolshevik Bonobo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi everyone, this is my first post!

I own a 2006 model.

I've recently replaced my dead 12v battery with an Optima Yellow Top, everything besides the MID and radio console works fine, they don't turn on at all, the MID is completely black. Prior to my 12v battery failing, everything worked fine. I checked the fuses and none seem to be blown (although I was somewhat confused by the manual's instructions and may have checked the wrong ones, I will double check them soon to be certain).

Has anyone else had this problem? I've looked around for a thread with this issue but I could not find my specific situation. If anyone can offer some insight or point me to an existing thread I would appreciate it!

2. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It looks like the two devices share the 7.5 Amp ACC fuse and ACC relay. Check the fuse carefully, with a meter, not just visually. When the fuse is out, probe for 12V at the socket in ACC mode.

That fuse also powers the clock, the accessory power outlet, the side mirror controls, maybe more. If those work, it's not the fuse. If that's the case, my next step would be to remove the two devices and check for power at the connectors.

First, though, I'd try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it. Maybe something needs to be re-booted. The body ECU controls the relay.