1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Multi-information Display: "No message"

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by WTig3ner, Aug 18, 2018.

1. WTig3ner

WTig3ner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Well, I screwed up something, but I don't know what. My multi-information display now only shows "No message." I don't have any idea how to make it revert to the factory setting (if there is one). If there are buttons I should be pushing, I don't know what they are. (Although I marvel at my cleverness at apparently having pushed the wrong one.)

If I knew which fuse controls that screen, I could pull it and be done. The manual tells me where the fuse boxes are, but it does not say anything about individual fuses. I've not been able to find a map on-line.

I'll be grateful for any ideas. Thanks.

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    “No message” is part of the warning message display, described on page 230 of the Owner’s Manual (PDF). That’s one of seven displays that you can select using the < and > buttons on the right side of the steering wheel, as explained on pages 205–207.
    The Electrical Wiring Diagram is available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com. The combination meter assembly is supplied through the METER-IG2, ECU-DCC NO.2, and HAZ fuses. I’m not sure pulling all of them would change the display selection, however; it might be stored in nonvolatile memory.

3. WTig3ner

WTig3ner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks. That's just what I needed. Much appreciated.

Elektroingenieur likes this.