1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Multifunction Display Reconnection Error?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Hilltopperpete, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Hilltopperpete

Hilltopperpete New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Pete here, long time listener, first time caller.

I recently swapped out my 2007 Prius Combination Display due to intermittent failure and about a week later I caught a cavalcade of codes- by first glance it looks like I may not have reconnected the Multifunction display correctly, but I would love some advice.

LAN Monitor G/W: 01-D6 -00-1

Audio H/U display codes: 62-45 and 62-46

LAN Monitor EMV: 01-D5 190-49- E
    01-DC 1C6-E5- F
    01-DC 190-7E- 7

Additionally, the Brake System Warning Light, the Check Engine Light, the Master Warning Light, and the Hybrid System Warning indicators all flipped on at the same time. The hybrid battery charge was 12.1, though the charge has been periodically vacillating between 2 brown bars and all but one lime green bar over the last couple months since I purchased the car and the car makes a lot of clicking and electrical noises, though they may simply be by design and I'm just new to the breed.

P.S. The TPMS light was already on- I probably just need to replace the sensors.

Thank you in advance for your kind words and your time.

Attached Files:

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hate to say it, but I think you are a victim of the "slap a reman'ed battery and flick it off" scam.

If you plan on keeping this car a long while, go get a new Toyota HV battery. Shop around and play off the local dealers to get the best deal you can. $2600 plus labor ($3 - 500) plus taxes is the ballpark you should be aiming for.

You may not be able to get any help from Toyota corporate as you probably do not have the original HV battery in the car.

PS, check the 12 V battery is in good condition, if by 12.1 you meant the 12 V battery voltage, that is more or less flat. Give that battery a proper overnight charge to get it full and then keep monitoring. If it won't hold the charge, replace it.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    where does he talk about a reman battery?(n)

welcome pete!
    as dolj said, that reading is for your 12 volt, and rather low. ignore the hybrid battery gauge for now.
    get a volt meter and check the 12v at the jump point under the hood or directly at the battery after the car has been off for several hours.
    it it is below 12.4 volts, replace it. then see what lights come on.