1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Multiple Instrument Lights but no codes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Naz, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Naz

Naz New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I have a 2005 prius with about 193,xxx miles.

My car has the Red Triangle and CEL on the dash and the red car with an exclamation point on the display that says "Problem"
    It also had a yellow ((!)) on just a few days prior but now that one has shut off.

I ran an OBD2 scanner and no codes came up. On the self-diagnose screen, under the LAN monitor it had these EMV codes:

Code: 01-D5 Sub-code: 190-43-B
    Code: 01-DC Sub-code: 190-31-B
    Code: 01-DC Sub-code: 1C6-B0-F

I reset the 12V battery to clear any codes that I couldnt pick up with the OBD2 scanner but the lights came back on shortly after. Still nothing on the scanner.

The car doesn't seem to have any noticeable differences in MPG. And the HV battery seems to be doing OK with holding a charge. Note: the HV battery was replaced about 2 years ago (~70k miles ago).
    Everything I've read has lead me to believe the hybrid battery is going out again but I just want to see if there is anything else specifically I should look into before I do such an expensive repair again. Any input would be greatly appreciated. IMG_0660.jpg IMG_0659.jpg IMG_0658.jpg IMG_0657.jpg

2. Naz

Naz New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    One
  3. Naz

Naz New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    One
    you guys dont care?

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think you're gonna need tech stream...

5. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I believe the codes that you can read on the MFD only relate to the screen itself, not to the hybrid system or ICE. If your OBDII code scanner is not finding anything, it must not be hybrid compatible. There are many inexpensive devices out there that can read hybrid codes (I'm using this one which works fine, just look for one that is described as having an ELM 327 chip). Either Dr. Prius or Torque Pro or Hybrid Assistant can be installed on your Android phone and would give you the hybrid codes, but not the sub-codes. As @bisco mentioned, the best available device would be a mini VCI cable which comes with a copy of Techstream, but you would also need a dedicated laptop to run Techstream, and a bit of computer knowledge to get it working properly.