1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Multiple Issues // Looking For Suggestions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Oldmanriver, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Oldmanriver

Oldmanriver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am getting pretty deep into my Prius project(s). I currently have three of them one is my primary, every day use, commuting vehicle that I found with a blown engine 2 years ago. I found and was given very helpful info in this community, so thanks again to all who contributed!

I developed a liking for this vehicle and would like to hang onto it for as long as possible. With that being said, I recently encountered HV pack failure. I found a good donor vehicle, with a recently refurbished pack, and made the swap and is running great again!

I like to stay busy and enjoy learning, so with the two, 2007’s I have, I would like to make them both roadworthy once again. The first one I am going to attempt to tackle I will call (Silver) and the other (Red). The HV pack I pulled for my Primary came from Red, I would like to, attempt to combine the good cells from the bad pack that came out of my Primary Prius along with the good cells from Silver, to make a good pack. At this point I would be looking for some guidance as to my approach. I have done some research in the past but I can’t say I found a definitive answer from a reliable source!

If/when a good pack is made, I need to address the following codes...

When I first read the codes, (Torque Pro)... (I also will have questions in regards to TechStream soon enough) I was presented with

P0AE0

P2103

U0111

P0A80

P2112

I cleared the codes and the car presented as described below and displayed

P2103

P0A80

P2112

The gentleman I purchased this vehicle from stated the dealership said the vehicle required a battery control module and a engine control module. Once I got the vehicle in my possession I opened up the HV pack and discovered considerable corrosion and very weak cells, I remove that (HV Pack) along with the dead 12 V battery in an attempt to begin my troubleshooting process, I installed The pack I removed from my Primary vehicle, as it was still functioning along with a good 12 V battery. Once installed in the vehicle (Red) started as it should, but would only run and attempt to charge the HV pack for ~5” Then I could hear the HV pack audibly disconnect and at the same time the dashboard lights up.

I'm looking for some guidance with an efficient troubleshooting approach with the Throttle Actuator or >>>> After doing some brief research looking at other individuals complaints regarding the codes above some point to the ECM others say to clean the TB, replace accelerator pedal etc... Can I take the ECM from Red and install it into Silver assuming it is plug and play?

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ignore any information that points to the accelerator pedal or switch. This red herring usually comes about because some 3rd party code readers erroneously mention the pedal/switch in their "fortune cookie" message.

P2103 - look at whether the throttle butterfly plate moves freely and clean and lubricate it if doesn't. Clean the TB inlet around it too, if it is dirty. Check also the wiring and that the plug to the TB motor is clean and securely clicked in. If it is none of that, follow the inspection procedure for this code.

With these projects at hand, you need to search here in the Gen 2 forums (use the "Advanced Options" by clicking the "More..." button on the search window up at the top right to limit the search to the Gen 2 forums and their child forums) for "2006 Prius Repair Manual - 2006 PRIUS Electrical Wiring Diagram". You will then have information for any code you come across to the same level as the linked insection procedure below.

Get Techstream up and running. You need a good reliable source of diagnostic info at hand too.

Inspection Procedure | DTC P2102/P2103 | Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Low/High

Hope that helps.

3. Oldmanriver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks dolj! I have the day off and I am getting ready to head out to the garage to get started

bisco likes this.
  4. Oldmanriver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good call dolj! It was the butterfly, it was pretty nasty, but it was a quick simple fix! Hope you had a good day!

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did, thanks. My pleasure.