1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Muslims owning america

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Nov 27, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071127/ap_on_...wall_street_112

Supply side terrorism.

We need the muslims' cash like a dope fiend needs a freebie fix from his dealer. Connect the dots people. Every time an IED kills an american soldier or rips of his/her limb, where does the money that buys these bombs come from?

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Whew, thanks for reminding me! For a minute there, I forgot that every single Muslim is a terrorist out to destroy America.

3. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Nov 27 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]544851[/snapback]</div>
    Abu Dhabi bought 7.5 billion worth of Citigroup today. The whole financial world is connected now. We as a country will have less and less influence as the world of money controls all. :p

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Another nice trolling thread, Burritos must be retired. as he comes up with new threads everyday... :lol:

5. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't really see what the problem is either, Burrito.
    It's one thing to allow them to control our ports, that has serious security implications. But to sell them a stake in giant financial companies like this is not a bad thing. It bails Citigroup out for one thing 9and Wall Street in general). Without the investment, they were in dire straights. Also, the Muslim investors are now invested in the well-being of our economy. A terrorist strike will hurt them as well. In an economic collapse, the damage would be MORE spread out to other countries/investors/etc and less focused on us. In fact, sell the whole damn company to them, and then give a nudge to the whole house of cards, so they are left holding the bag!

6. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Nov 28 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]545297[/snapback]</div>
    I don't see a problem either. He who has the cash controls. I posted to be ironic. To point out how muslims are made to be the bogeyman, yet we welcome their money. I know we need their money. But it's money that ultimately comes from our lavish consumption and money that finances the deaths of our fine soldiers. It's the circle of death and it's quite ironic.

7. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Nov 28 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]545312[/snapback]</div>
    It's okay...if this keeps up, we won't be such a good investment anymore, and the influx of foreign investment funds will slow to a trickle...I feel like, we can either change on our own terms now, or wait for outside forces --which might not have our best interests at heart-- to force the change sometime in the future.

I'm totally naive about this, but there are such things as "activist shareholders" who gather up large blocks of a company's stock...not enough for outright control, but enough where their suggestions have to be taken seriously. Something like that couldn't happen on an international level, could it?

I know, foreign investors don't want to kill the goose that laid the golden egg, but at some point, nationalistic concerns might override the balance sheet.

Would it even be possible for foreign interests to buy enough of an American-based company to actually take it private again? Wouldn't that be something? And wouldn't it raise a few eyebrows here at home?

That is possible, isn't it...at least in theory...?

8. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "nationalistic concerns might override the balance sheet."

They never did when the companies were wholly owned within the US.
    In fact, the drive for profit seems to have more effect on changing the US Government and legislation than any nationalism/government/public concern have had on changing corporations. But if those corporations were known to be mostly foreign owned, they would not have the same lobbying strength in the halls of congress. But US interests could easily start a new company and using government influence, outcompete said foreign company (if public will was to do so as opposed to the current public desire for low low prices).

9. Loveit

Loveit New Member

If they outvote us, they will change the laws. Might want to think about that one.

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You're forgetting real estate.

Who do you think owns some of the prime real estate in Manhattan?

11. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We do it to ourselves from all angles.

For example, the US is concerned about the size of the Chinese military and the amount of money available to them for beefing up their military might, from millions of soldiers to subs and aircraft carriers. Every time I see that little "Made in China" sticker I know where they get all that money. We're going to low-cost-supplier ourselves right into a new cold war.

12. WARHORSE

WARHORSE New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Welcome to my perspective, after surviving 9/11 I am VERY much against the Islamofascists and our "friends" the Saudis

I cant wait for the USA to get weened off their oil so they can rot in their desert

13. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't know why you have "friends" in quotes. They seem to be a little more than friends with our Commander and Chief.
    [​IMG]

Why is it every time a Republican is caught in a scandal it involves another man?

14. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    And you don't even want to know what they're doing with their hands.

15. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Prime Minister John Howard - Australia
    Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
    Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.' 'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

The above was an email to me that was supposed to be forwarded. I make no claim to it's authenticity. I just posted it here because I believe it appropriate for this topic.

16. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This isn't authentic. It's a modified version of a similar letter written by an old native american named Wild Horse Junior in the mid 1500's and it went like this:

Christian European immigrants who want to live under Christian law were told on 1/5/1556 to get out of Native America, as the government targeted radical Christians in a bid to head off the unprovoked slaughter of Native American civilians and spread of bubonic plague.
    Separately, Wild Horse Jr. angered some American Christians on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's Christian churches. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT NATIVE AMERICANS MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some Christian or their silly religion. Since Columbus landed in his greedy search for gold, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Native Americans.' 'This culture has been developed over 10,000 years of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought live in peace and be one with the earth'

'We speak a mainly Native American tongue, not English or a retarded hacked up semblance of the true English language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most native americans do not believe in individual property rights and believe that we are one with mother earth. This is not a pseudo religion meant to ostracize the silly Christians who think mankind was created 2000 years ago when we've been here for over 10,000 years. If your silly Jesus/God symbols must be displayed to fulfill some silly religious appetite, we suggest you go to a country who also deem this appropriate.

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Native American way of life, feel free to exercise a right beholden to you.

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You followed your european brethren here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Of course, the christians responded to this letter by perpetrating the very christian-like act of committing genocide to the Native American population. So if the Muslims wanted to be more christian-like they should do like kind to the christians, no?

17. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  18. WARHORSE

WARHORSE New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think its fantastic, who cares if its true or not

Politicians need to grow some and tell insane Islamofasicts who want to force the world to live in the 12th C to go back to their own sandpit

19. WARHORSE

WARHORSE New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Yes, maybe like 21st C Christians, not like Christians in the dark ages and during the genocide of the Americas

If you think you'd enjoy being a victim of Islamofascists there are plenty of places in the world where they will be too happy to accomodate you

20. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Agree on the huge letter thing. And just to add a little more to your post above, this story is really old news, dating from 2005. Snopes has a page on this email. And Snopes concludes:

The individual statements attributed to Australian government officials included in the e-mail reproduced at the head of this page are thus essentially accurate, but the selectively-quoted excerpts of controversial material from different news stories create the misleading overall impression that Australia enacted a formal policy to force some Muslim groups out of the country. The statements quoted were part of the public debate over an issue that flared briefly in the immediate aftermath of the London Tube bombings, then quietly subsided