1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Must Have Accessories For Your New Prius V???

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Motorman2061, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Motorman2061

Motorman2061 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Now that we have decided that we will be buying a 2012 Prius V (Level 5) there is a thought that we may need a few accessories with the package.

What are your thoughts on what you had to have with you purchase of your new baby?
    The only thing I can think of at this time is quality floor mats. (boring but useful).

Your thoughts please????

Thanks..........

2. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Rear bumper applique or the black plastic bumper guard. I like the Side Moldings that PriusChat sells- to protect from the SUV parkers who always ding my doors.
    In So Cal, we need tinted windows to keep the sun out but in Illinois?

3. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think in the case for Illinois, he may want to consider an engine block heater... Although while it may not get nearly as cold as in Canada, it might help overcome some of the winter MPG slumps he will encounter during winter that some get.

I would definitely recommend the floormats, but as for other accessories, I do not believe there is much you might want in the northern states. You can opt for tinting for privacy purposes, not just to reduce heat on the interior on the hot days when that happens.

There is a cargo net as another option if you know that you will be putting in small groceries that you might not want sliding around. Take a look also at cactus hybrid's thread on accessory junkie. He has put in some accessories he likes but it may or may not be some things you will want.

For myself, I only went with the floormats, tinting and had lojack installed on my car.

4. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    All weather mats, all weather cargo liner, the cargo net is nice but the dealer should throw that in ($35) brighter interior lights is on my radar, pet hammock if you have a dog, bumper appliqué or plastic protector, mud flaps are what I have done or plan to so far. Considering an arm rest cover as well. W

5. Osteoblast

Osteoblast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    1) 3m clearbra, as paint is kind of soft.
    2) Chrome rims (AMAZING the change in look with just this).
    3) Rear bumper guard.
    4) LED interior lights (I just installed and the difference is night and day).
    5) Lift kit/mud tires

6. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I was with you until number 5. Mud tires and a lift? You're taking me back to my Jeep days. W

7. TruSound

TruSound Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  8. Osteoblast

Osteoblast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Totally agree with the horn, as the stock one is really embarassing.....replaced it within an hour of hearing it. Is it just me or does it sound like what you would hear if you squeezed a clowns nose?

9. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Could be...I always think of the old Road Runner cartoons. It is quite anemic and needs some help for sure. That hasn't changed from the early 90s. W

10. Cactus Hybrid

Cactus Hybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five