1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mustang crunched my Prius yesterday!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lucky1, Oct 28, 2008.

1. lucky1

lucky1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I almost got t-boned by an inattentive honda driver that almost ran a red light as I was making a left turn. I heard the wheels screeching to a stop...and I just had to step on the accelerator to get out of the way.[/quote]

N3FOL-- Putting as many km's a year on as I do in the taxi business having people run red lights and try to hit you is something that happens once a month at a minimum. You get so used to it my heart doesn't skip a beat.
    I have been lucky the last 15 years that this is the first serious accident that one of my cars has been in. I personally have been hit 5 times and all 5 were in the winter when I couldn't get stopped when someone was sliding through a stop sign etc. Ever since my cabs have had ABS brakes it has been a lot easier to steer away from the trouble. Saved me many times.
    Just finished gassing up my Honda Accord and it broke my heart to put over 50 litres of fuel in for the first time in 8 months.

2. lucky1

lucky1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Got a call today from the body shop. The estimate to fix the car is $13,500.
    They have to wait until someone from the insurance company takes a look at it and after that it will take close to a month to fix the car.
    I was busy with a customer when the body shop called so I didn't get the particulars on what all had been damaged. They are known to be one of the best body shops around and it sounds like they will need to be to get the car back to what it once was.

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ouch, that is a monumental crash!!

4. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Man, that is almost totaled, isn't it? I would think so.

Good luck.

5. lucky1

lucky1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I guess I will find out when the insurance company has a look at it on Monday. This body shop did a great job on another Prius taxi that was in a pretty messy accident.
    The painful part of this whole experience was having to put my Honda Accord on as a replacement taxi until the Prius is ready to go. I was getting used to the money I was saving on fuel and it kills me to put 60 litres every 24 hours in the Accord.Thankfully gas is down to 85 cents a litre.

6. onlynark

onlynark Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    this doesn't seem like your driver's fault. i would keep all the receipts for the gas and have the mustang's insurance cover it.

7. lucky1

lucky1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Onlynark--- I am going to do what you said and keep the receipts for the gas. I should be refunded 50% for the 5 or 6 weeks my car is down.
    Not sure how it works with our NO Fault insurance in Ontario. Will most likely be my insurance company covering the difference.
    I don't know how the government ever allowed the No Fault B.S. insurance.
    95% of the taxi accidents the other party is at fault and yet our insurance company has to pay for our damages. Because of that I pay $8000 a year for 2 taxi's.