1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Mustang-Inspired Ford Mach E Will Do Zero to 60 in Under 3.5 Seconds, Debut Late 2019: Report

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by a_gray_prius, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Between this hopefully produced Mustang SUV, & Ford's partnership to push an electric pickup out as quick as it can, things look like they're going to get interesting in the next couple years.
    my mom & dad we're both five 5'-7". Oddly - the only one in our neighborhood that was the same height as me, was our 6'-5" mailman.

#42 hill, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  3. Dimitrij

Dimitrij Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Unless your family has 330 million members, it doesn't represent the whole US car market :). I don't know if the reason was regulatory or anatomical, but in the US the CR-Z was as a two-seater (2+2 elsewhere), and the Prius V had 5 seats max (7 elsewhere).

Hmmm, I thought it was much harder to find the 36x34 I need ... never mind, I feel better already :)

I don't think any automobile is as reliable as a "driven by the book" Prius. Specifically the 2017 Bolt I drove in 2017-2019 was endowed with uniquely buggy software that regularly threw tantrums, such as frozen or black screen (with all the touchscreen controls paralyzed), false alarms, and the bipolar HVAC (either too cold, or too warm). I wonder if the "EV" stood for Entomology Vault rather than Electric Vehicle. From what I can gather, Teslas aren't built particularly well and not cheap to maintain, but Elonites rarely complain.

4. tdave

tdave New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    The Mach-E looks more like a Ford Escape than a Mustang!!! I was hoping the electric Mustang would look more like a Tesla Model 3 with 2 doors! Very disappointed!