1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mutiple Beeps when grabbing door handles (Keyless entry)

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by orangenerd, Oct 22, 2012.

1. orangenerd

orangenerd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My car got into an accident and the driver side door needed to be replaced. My wife picked the car up from the shop, but i guess she did not think anything wrong with the car. My problem is as follows:

When I go to grab the handles of my car (driver, passenger, trunk) with my key fob in close proximity (pocket), instead of the double beep signalling an unlock of the doors, there are multiple beeps (maybe 5 sets of double beeps) along with the emergency flashers flashing. Anyone have any idea if I can fix this myself?

I have already called the shop and they will gladly fix it for me, but they are 40 minutes out of the way. I would rather fix it myself if possible.

Thx

2. Tracy

Tracy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just my two cents, bit for an electronic issue, I would go back to the shop/dealer so that you have it under warranty and a clear record of it.

RocMills likes this.