1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 03 for sale.

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Brian in Tucson, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Raytheeagle likes this.
  2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Good luck with the sale:).

Like the student discount approach (y).

3. Brian in Tucson

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I sold it to a young woman, a high school student. Got what I was asking minus the student discount, so it was $2500.

I think it's about the most perfect kids car possible, which was the reason for the discount. Since the ad is gone here's the pictures.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WHCSC, Aaron Vitolins and Raytheeagle like this.
  4. Brian in Tucson

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are pictures where the x's are, just click on them. These are thumb nails, and lead to full sized pics

5. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They show fine for me. That is a nice car!

6. sandy11246

sandy11246 Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Brian in Tucson likes this.
  7. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Post #3:

8. Brian in Tucson

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry man, I had 4 calls this afternoon. And the little h/s girl fell in love.

9. sandy11246

sandy11246 Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thanks Brian, we'll keep looking. We want to get a second Gen 1.

Brian in Tucson likes this.
  10. sandy11246

sandy11246 Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Update on my '02 quest for 500K (Present 223,421). Appears original bugs worked out since purchase in September '17 purchase. No issues in two plus months. Purchased a battery maintainer for 12V battery. After a few weeks of monitoring and applying 1.25 amps overnight charges, 12V appears to be maintaining good constant voltages. My target voltage @ forward fuse boxes is 12.40. Most checks reveal 12.48 or higher. My opinion is a battery maintainer is excellent investment for increasing and maintaining 12V battery life. There are quick adapter to allow very quick connection and release. If you choose to go this route, remember it is recommended to keep charging amperage below 3 amps. (my thoughts on this - lower in better)
    Also placed air dams in front grill for cold weather. Worked GREAT. Temps ranger between 180*-189* with OAT in the 20's and 30's. Have a very warm day yesterday (88* OAT). Checked ICE temps (189* - 201*) with dams installed. HV Battery temps in the mid 90's, MG1(123-140), MG2 (118-124). With these #'s I won't be concerned until OAT's exceed 95*. Driving was a combo of freeway and residential. The dams cover the lowest wide opening and the two small ones just below the hood latch. Single center one I left open. If anyone needs pics, just ask. HV battery SOC stays fairly steady between 56% - 59%. (not sure how that relates but will figure that out)
    High and low HV cell voltage within .21V or less. Still learning on this vehicle.
    Any Gen1 owners out there wish to add information, please pass info on.
    Must have equipment: Tech Stream, DVOM, PruisChat, and hand tools.
    Mileage: Depends on driver. 34.5 to 45.3. Its improving as maintenance and technique improves. Most (85%) is short trips in town.
    Below are the codes we have worked through:
    P0420. P3191
    P1128. P3101
    P3190. Most or all with Triangle
    Low 12V battery output (That has been handled with Battery Maintainer)
    Inverter Coolant Pump (Changed)
    Changed ICE oil & Filter; Trans Fluid (Toyota T-IV); Induction Air Filter; AC Air Filter.
    Could have missed some things, so if curious check, my earlier post.
    hope this helps some folks. This is a research experiment for me, and I'm loving it. Great vehicle. It need a little cosmetic work, but that will come later. Wife LOVES IT!!!!!

11. dabard051

dabard051 Tinkerer-in-Charge

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you find the cabin air filter? You get to that by opening, then unknurling the two hold-in knobs of the glove box, then drop the box. The cabin air filter holder is the large-ish sorta-white plastic thing at the top back of the opening. The cabin air filter collects pine needles, rodent droppings, and leaves which blow in through the air ducts under the windscreen. Needs cleaning every couple of months; the fibre ones can be hand-washed with dish soap, dired and easily re-used. I dose mine with Lysol spray when I put them back in; the car is nicely pine-scented for a day or so.
    Other than that, you've done a pretty compleat job of refurbing your Gen I! With that kind of mileage (and now age), I suspect your next issues will be wheel bearings (see other threads), brake pads, shocks (get the complete assemblies, if you need this job), and maybe the internal connector to the HV ECU (it's inside the traction battery box - see the thread on HV battery connector fires).

12. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Gen 1 wizard secret:

If you do it that way, the glove box flops down, and dumps all your stuff on the floor.

If you just leave those two hold-in pins alone, and pop out the two hinge pins at the bottom of the glove box (which is just as easy if not easier), then you just lower the glove box out of the way until it's hanging by the two pins, and your stuff stays in. After changing the filter, lift it back into place and push the hinge pins back in. (y)

-Chap

WHCSC likes this.