1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 2006 windshield needs to be replaced

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by elmofongo, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Leo

Leo Leo

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elmofongo @ Sep 30 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]326218[/snapback]</div>
    Same thing happened to me today; rock from a passing pickup truck hit my windshield, made a star on the glass. By the time I got home, the star had developed two eight-inch wings. So to a glass shop next week...

2. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silentak1 @ Oct 11 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]331400[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed. I'm still smarting from what I did to mine.

3. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Davey Bob @ Oct 14 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]332775[/snapback]</div>
    First off check your insurance policy and upgrade it to OEM parts. I did for only $35 more per year.
    Second, don't go with the company the insurance company recommends. They will get the cheapest guy who will do a bad job. I've been there done that.
    Third, stick with the big name glass companies . Like Phillps ect.
    Fourth, the company the dealership uses should be ok. They wouldn't keep using them if they did a bad job.
    Call the company direct , you might get a good deal from them.
    FishHawk

4. mike_m

mike_m New Member

When it happens to me, I don't want Toyota OEM. They don't tint the strip above the mirror at the top. In my CTS, I used to hide my Sunpass in the tinted area, and it couldn't be seen from the outside.