1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 2013 Prius Two - Accessories on going Weekend projects w/Pics

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by NoMoreNow, May 27, 2013.

1. NoMoreNow

NoMoreNow Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    pm send~!

2. priusually

priusually Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sweet geezus you've done a lot....surprised you haven't upgraded to a different set of rims :)

3. NoMoreNow

NoMoreNow Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks~! rims? yes, I got my eyes on the Prius oem 17"s rims, but not in hurry getting it because
    Mama parking not that great yet........:D

4. Prius_BK

Prius_BK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I am not sure if I did the message right, but I thought I would reply here also if you didnt get my message. I was wondering how did you polish out the arrow template for the LED turn signals?

Also, could you tell me where you got the DRL relay that also has the dimmer function? I can only find DRL relays that have the on/off function only, not the dimmer part

Thank you :)

5. nedear88

nedear88 My 1st Prius.

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I got this CT200h wheels and tires today, quickly test fit on the car and have the TPMS swabbed from the 15" to 17" by America's Tire company, their customer service is top notch but not on workmanship, they chipped 1 of the wheel and they denied it, wt$! Anyway here are photos before and after. I bid them on Ebay and they are 99% new on the rims and tires, tires have 10/32 tread and still have the fresh rubber smell, these CT wheels are perfect when delivered. I don't recommend the America's Tire in Redwood City if you live in the bay area. When I left the tire shop I checked tire pressure with my own tire gauge, set them 35/33 and the ride just as smooth as the 15". I notice these MXM4 tires noise louder than the Energy Saver AS , may be they are used on a different car before and need break in. I weighted the CT200h tire and rim, it weight 47 lbs and the OEM 15 tire and rim weight 38 lbs so it's 9 lbs heavier, I will monitor the MPG the next few weeks. I am thinking going to dealer have them do the alignment with 17" profile, any inputs from the forum folks are appreciated.

IMG_1245.JPG IMG_1248.JPG IMG_1242.JPG IMG_1254.JPG IMG_1257.JPG

mellowjd, NoMoreNow and xliderider like this.
  6. NoMoreNow

NoMoreNow Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two

wow~! I bet you have super nice smooth ride now.....with all your upgrades!!
    Great job! And thanks for tip about the tires.

7. NoMoreNow

NoMoreNow Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Hi BK,

I send you a pm, about the drl relay, and here is pics to polish out the arrow shape.

PhotoGrid_1920.jpg

8. nedear88

nedear88 My 1st Prius.

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hey Jon, 2nd day with the CT rims and tires, overall experience...it's stable (test drove over 90+mph on 280 S), local city driving...it's ride like the 15" Energy Saver A/S tires but less body roll, I notice when turning left or right less body lean but not as quick responsive as the 15", I believe the Package 5 Prius have a different steering rack ratio with the OEM 17 tires, although it's smooth rolling effect but very noticeable tires noise and I can feel more of the road feedback to the floor panel, then I went to Daly City Firestone service center have them perform the lifetime alignment service, I advise them car original tires were 15 and request them perform the 17" profile. So...long story short, they do not want to perform the service because the camber is WAY off the chart and need shims, offset bolt and they needs to order, I don't know is it the CT rims and tires or normal daily driving cause it, Firestone didn't charge me $$$ because I don't want them to work on it.

I am going to ask my brother whom he works as ASE master tech in Livermore Honda see if he can perform the alignment, it is pretty faraway from San Bruno! At least I can see how he works on it and FREE!!!

9. Prius siej

Prius siej Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Where did you purchase the 25W CREE LED bulbs?

10. NoMoreNow

NoMoreNow Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  11. remster

remster New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Newbie here, just wanted to say THANKS for sharing, hoping to be able to follow some of your mods! :)

NoMoreNow likes this.
  12. kronos89

kronos89 CHRRYPRL

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Excellent work.. can't wait to start modding my persona.. wi wish you was near the east coast... excellent work!

13. kronos89

kronos89 CHRRYPRL

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Can you point to a link to where you get this relay switch.. i would like to do this mod myself, how hard is it?

14. NoMoreNow

NoMoreNow Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks kronos!!!, I'm going to ATL in two days, thats is the closes I can get, but still far away from NJ.

I just did this in PhotoGrid, If you understands most of my steps, then you should no problem tackle this dyi mod.
    The tricky part is finding the OEM DRL (-) Ground wire, since is common-share (-) Ground inside the wire loom.
    I listed this dyi mod @ Medium-Hard level, must remove the bumper (off course). PM me once you ready, I'll sent the link. Once done, you're have one special Persona.

DRL_RelayJT.png

15. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    NoMoreNow, it would help everyone if you list all the colors of the OEM wires in your instructions, and pics. ;)

SCH-I535

16. mroadster2k

mroadster2k A little bit of awesomeness

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Did you have to reprogram the TPMS when you swapped them from the stock 15s to the 17s? I also have a Prius IV, 2010, and changed to the 17s from a V, but I kept the TPMS on the 15s, because the dealer just wouldn't do it, they couldn't "reprogram" them. the car looks great with the 17s, but I drive with black tape covering the TPMS warning light...

17. nedear88

nedear88 My 1st Prius.

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nope, I have America's Tire do the swap from 15 to 17 wheels, since the TPMS is the same no need re-program the ECU. assuming your current Prius package 5 17" have TPMS in it, just go the America's tire pay them to re-program for you, they have the tool to do it, if the current 17" DOES NOT have TPMS in it, then you can not program a rubber valve stem to the on board ECU.

mroadster2k likes this.
  18. kronos89

kronos89 CHRRYPRL

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona

It looks a little more complicated for the average DIYer.. Thanks for your input, i will pm you as soon as i am ready for this mod. One last question, i could not find the Headlight side marker you installed. You had mentioned in the pics it was the T10 SMD 5630 from ebay correct? i found the one right next to it, which is not so bright. do you happen to have a sellers name?

19. Delta Flyer II

Delta Flyer II Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Like the readjustment.... looks much neater and cleaner... flows better (y)

20. jackieeng

jackieeng New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    NoMoreNow

I like your work, all I did is the xenon kit, I am interested to do the window tint. How much is the tint and how much Best Image charge you. Do they apply the windshield tint on the outside? Also I had a question on the parking light bulb, do you used the 5050 smd and did you had any problem with less voltage drawn from the bulb and return a error code? Thanks a lot!

Jackie
    P.S. I also live around the area