1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 2021 prime has not supported my Android phone. Does anyone know if there's an upgrade for this? I

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by FoodLady, Apr 5, 2023.

1. FoodLady

FoodLady Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    XLE
    My 2021 Prius Prime did not support an Android phone. Does anybody know if there is an upgrade on this? I still haven't been able to figure it out after 2 years. Or is the only upgrade the need to buy a new prime?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    idk, have you asked a dealer?

3. BiomedO1

BiomedO1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Android phones are only supported on the 2021 Prime LE, 7 inch display. Models above an LE only supports Apple phones.

4. MalachyNG

MalachyNG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    There are some options. Little wireless adapter boxes that trick the system into thinking it's plugged into an iphone will give you wireless Android Auto. I have a Binize box that uses the same software as Carlinkit T-Box devices. The most recent software update is a marked improvement to the software it came with a year ago. They can be pricey, though. But does allow for wireless AA which means you can use the 12v cigarette lighter plug for a 100W fast charger for your phone instead of relying on the pretty slow USB ports.

Since only about 1/2 of the screen is utilized in Carplay mode you may find that using your phone offers a higher resolution, better viewing angle and less glare than the car screen. All you'll need is an inexpensive phone mount and hook it up to bluetooth.