1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 2nd year with PriusChat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Oxo, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Sep 21 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]515820[/snapback]</div>
    Very clear explanation. Thanks for clearing up the phrase. But I would not abandon or divorce PriusChat as I think it's an excellent service and source for Prius owners. (It goes without saying that I'm unlikely to abandon Prius unless I'm unable to drive for any reason).

Incidentally (not relevant to Prius):
    I've recently read a little book called INSTRUCTIONS FOR AMERICAN SERVICEMEN IN BRITAIN 1942. The original of this was published by the US War Department in 1942 and issued to US Servicemen being sent to Britain to prepare for the D-Day landings in 1944. The purpose of the document was "to start getting you acquainted with the British...and their ways."

Most of the advice in this is now totally out of date and British readers are likely to greet much of it with a resounding "Ho, Ho, Ho!" It certainly steers clear of any suggestion of "relationships" with British women (of which in fact there were many). Presumably nobody in Washington predicted "Dear John..." issues!

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oxo @ Sep 20 2007, 02:22 PM) [snapback]515361[/snapback]</div>

:eek: :eek: :eek: Holy cow!!! ………. Colored people!!! ……….. What colors were they? :unsure:

3. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ Sep 21 2007, 02:27 PM) [snapback]515902[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know. Never been there. I was only quoting what I read in a newspaper. Perhaps they are little green men from Mars or beyond. Or Red Indians from the US? I think we should be told. Is there a PriusChatter from Leicester here?

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When you're tired of Priuschat you're tired of life.

5. johnford

johnford Old Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 21 2007, 07:30 AM) [snapback]515695[/snapback]</div>
    How about "The Best of Prius Chat", the Unofficial Guide to owning a Toyota Prius.
    I have dozens of booklets like this for the Slot Car industry and could crank one out before Christmas with a retail of less than 5 bucks. Not a price that I would get rich with, but it would be fun to have something I did available for "real" car owners. Anyone of the moderators see a problem with this idea?.... jf

6. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 21 2007, 07:30 AM) [snapback]515695[/snapback]</div>
    But surely a dummy doesn't buy a Prius?

Dummies tend to buy 4x4s. Hummers, etc.

7. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oxo @ Sep 21 2007, 01:38 PM) [snapback]515909[/snapback]</div>
    I read about this wiki about a year ago. The population is really quite diverse.

8. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

I think part of the problem (if it can be called that), is that Toyota really hasn't changed the Prius much over the past 3 years.

A lot of the topics are generated while each of us tries to figure out new features/functionality/etc.

So if nothing changed, then everything has already been talked about.

I think once they do start adding some NEW features (09?) or enhanced capabilities, there will be a lot more interesting topics popping up again.