1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 72 MPG wild ride

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Wayne, Jul 2, 2006.

1. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Yeah, but is that Imperial liters or U.S. liters?
    :p

2. THoover392

THoover392 New Member

My contribution...

Notice Im giving the "most dust competition" a run for it too! :)

Cheers

[attachmentid=4449]

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The route you take on a day to day basis makes a huge difference in your MPG. I have 2 basic routs each with 2 variations at the end, the total miles varies by about .3 miles between them as I remember. The first 2/3 of each basic route varies a great deal. The last 1/3 has two variations that each can be shared. One has a big chunk with a long very gradual up hill to and down back but it is a 50 mph, and you dare not go 45 if you don't want someone else's front bumper in your back seat. The other has rolling hills at 35 mph. The last 2 parts can continue with hills up and down or a fairly flat section. The worse route will average in the high 40's mpgand low 50's mpg. The best route gets me in the low 60's mpg to low 70's mpg. Big difference lower speed small rolling hills followed by a flat portion all at 35 mpg it a clear winner I have just got a tank over 70. Probably an under fill it was colder this am when I filled and I usually fill on my way home in the afternoon. I will take it any way for a one tank mpg.

4. Drift Motion

Drift Motion RMS13

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i just deleted that pic, that day i took the pic, the MFD has ALOT of dust on it..lol

5. Drift Motion

Drift Motion RMS13

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    bringing this thread back! lol

my better attempt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

still not good enough, lol

6. dcoyne78

dcoyne78 New Member

I managed a pretty good tank, that meets the 75 or over for more than 50 miles. I also could probably win the "most dust on MFD" competition. 77 over 560 miles. Picture below.
    [​IMG]

Dennis