1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My appologies to Charles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by VABeachPrius, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VABeachPrius

VABeachPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Charles,

Even though you inferred negative things about me, I want to appologize for being critical of your personality without knowing who you are and your situation. If you disagree with my abilities and more importantly the conditions in which I drive, which enable me to acheive high fuel economy, there is nothing I can do. The best of luck to you as I continue to drive on.

It really does have everything to do with your commute and temperature.

I just filled up today. 11.426 gallons / 800.6 miles = 70.06 mpg.

A new picture from today; My 3rd 800 mile tank. For those that want the data point; I went 110 miles on a flashing pip. With the temperature today, there shouldn't be any green cars, but I was in a hurry and braked a lot just trying to go those last miles to 800.

[​IMG]

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    jeez.. still 63.. it's 34 right now where I am.

good job!

Post it in the I Beat The EPA Thread!

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :eek: Chris...

I am the one who offers an apology to you. MEA CULPA! I congratulate you on your phenominal fuel economy.

My comments were inappropriate... I apologize for my implications.

HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR..
    :)

Charles

4. VABeachPrius

VABeachPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  5. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VABeachPrius @ Dec 17 2006, 05:24 PM) [snapback]363554[/snapback]</div>
    Based on the signature Charles has, you won't need to worry about his response to your posts if you choose a certain type of avatar. :blink:

6. VABeachPrius

VABeachPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I really, really tried to let things go, but are private messages like this really necessary:

"I did apologize for my public comments regarding your MPGs. Candidly, I simply don't believe you. I know numerous Prius drivers in North Texas and none claim what you do insofar as MPGs.

I will keep this private, but I do believe you are a TROLL claiming phenonimal results which no one in the entire PriusChat community claims. I suppose this is intended to establish you as some kind of hero, but those with common sense will see through you easily. Sounds like a sick personality disorder.

Other than that.... have a great Holiday Season.

OH... I will not respond to any PMs you may send regarding this issue and I have placed you on IGNORE so I don't have to view your lies." - Charles Suitt

I am more than happy to show anyone how I am doing what I am doing anytime, anyplace. Can we wait for a 70F day? :D

I hope someone comes along to show me something so that I can raise my personal best even higher.

7. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was thinking about this back-n-forth on my way home last night. A couple of things crossed my mind.

First, Ken in Japan linked to a website in which a girl posted a picture of her Prius MFD showing more than 1,100 miles. It was in Km in the picture, but people did the math and no one argued.

Secondly, I know a guy who lives about 2.3 miles from my house. We experience the same weather, the same traffic flows, and attend many of the same hybrid meet-ups. We both have about 50 MPG lifetime average in our cars. The difference: I drive a Toyota Prius and Wayne Gertes drives a 6-cylinder Honda Accord.

Wayne and Tom B. started a website for Hypermilers called http://www.CleanMPG.com. The difference is that on that forum, no one doubts claims like this because on that forum, most people are achieving the same results. And some Hypermilers are doing it with Saturn L-Series and Ford Trucks and other non-hybrids.

8. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I can't even tell you how much this bothers me. Charles apologized publicly, but it turns out that HE is the liar here...he didn't feel bad. He told me that he hadn't been feeling well and thus his ill humor in his first post calling Chris a troll and a liar. He was simply blowing smoke up my butt too, obviously.

The lesson here is clear. If Charles chooses not to believe you for whatever imaginary reasons he gets in his head then no amount of proof, logic or explaination will alter that self-rightous conviction in his mind. His self-rightousness, I agree, is evident in his sig....there are those who follow "His" rules who he'll read. Those who don't conform to his fanciful ideal are not worthy of his respect. I think it's very clear who's not worthy of respect here.

My 70+ mpg segments must also be lies...b/c Charles can't get them. The 1400 mile marathon is, like the moon landing, a fiction. The innumerable folk getting 60-70 mpg regularly are all in cahoots and working their Photoshop programs overtime creating these fake photos of the MFD.

I'm sad that one of our long time members has chosen to make himself such a sad example of a Priuschat member.

9. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :mellow: This thread seems to have descended into bitterness - too bad. I thought PRIVATE MESSAGES were just that - PRIVATE. I harbor no bitterness and do not wish to perpetuate this unfortunate line of discussion.

I wish each of you a HAPPY CHRISTMAS and PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.