1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Backup lights are not always sufficient

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by kuahinahina, Feb 14, 2006.

1. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    All three bulbs in the fixture are the same (that's the only good news for the interior lighting in this car - all other fixtures require a different bulb configuration!). I agree that the map lights are even more important to convert if for no other reason than they can be left on indefinitely if the button is pressed. The dome will eventually turn off by itself at least.

That said... the "fade out" is something that nobody who's converted has missed (in other cars... nobody but me has this in a Prius yet!) The delay is still there, just the brief fade from full to zero is missing - the reason is that the LED driver provides a constant current to the LED for as long as it can. When it can't supply the needed current, blink, it is out.

2. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Gotcha, that's good news that the map lights are the same. I'm more concerned about reading lights, than general illumination. Thanks for the info on the fade out. I was confusing it with the delay.

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    There are Halogen reverse lights on the market I just dont know if you could use them.?

4. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yup! There seems to be just one brand, and Edward at Sigma has them.

5. mouztrpd

mouztrpd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

you're right I should have thought about what I was saying before I said it.

6. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey. Happens to the best of us. I'm just glad I could be there for you this time. :)