1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My bluetooth won't stay connected

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dpham, Jun 28, 2013.

1. djrdcr

djrdcr New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    We are having the same problem, I have a Iphone 4S and my wife has the Iphone 5. Both of them are having the same exact problem. The phone and car will not sync. I have to disconnect the phone and then turn back on the blue tooth every time I get in and out of the car. This is not acceptable. The dealer says it is our phones...but many other phones are having the same problem. This has to be a Toyota issue. Going to go back to the dealer again

2. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    what do mean by turn back on Bluetooth every time you get into the car?
    U turn Bluetooth on in car or phone?

I don't have a problem with my Iphone5. which software are you running on your Iphone5? I seen some HMI issues on my Iphone5. Phone has very complex software.

3. Highbored

Highbored New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just bought a 14 Prius 3. Salesman paired my Verizon Droid Bionic (listed as compatible by Toyota) and downloaded the contact list. I made a call through the voice system and when I ended the call the Prius lost the phone pair. Bionic still shows connected, but everything is gone on the Prius. I shut off and re-started the Prius and it still shows no phones paired. I deleted the pairing from my phone and re-paired. Same thing happened again. My phone works perfectly in 12 Tundra with factory BT. Is this the same issue everyone else is seeing?

4. SheriG

SheriG New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    August 2015 - I just started having this problem. Seems as if there has been no solution. Just wondering if any of you now have updates....?

5. vajratlr

vajratlr Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm experiencing same issue a few days after lollipop update, so annoying. I have a 13 plug in and an S5. Looking for a solution.

6. PaulD

PaulD Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I bought my 2010 six weeks ago, and had been using two different phones via Bluetooth to listen to music, and now the car won't connect to either of them. Very annoying.

7. Omid20205

Omid20205 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So I had the same issue with my note 5, it worked for a the past 3 month with no issue, after 4 days of research here is what I found which helped me to fix this issue:

Prius and Toyota has technical tip that may help with bluetooth turning off. The process is to disable text message connect from your phone to Prius. The tip applies to Android 4.0 and higher operating system on phones.

1. Delete pairing on phone
    2. Archive and Delete all old text messages on phone and turn off phone.
    3. Delete pairing on Prius.
    4. Turn off Prius for couple of minutes and turn on the Prius
    5. Turn on the phone
    6. Pair phone with Prius
    7. When a message appears on phone to connect for text messages " DO NOT ALLOW IT"
    8. Prius will not turn off blue tooth as long as messages are not connected with Prius. You can have media and audio connected.

I tried it and works. Don't know if it will continue working.

kineticgeek likes this.
  8. Clyde S Dale

Clyde S Dale Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Omid20205, the fix you posted worked first time. I skipped the part about deleting old text messages, though. Anyhow, 3 days later I've still got Pandora and hands-free phone working.

Thank you for the information.

Rebound likes this.
  9. PaulD

PaulD Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I followed these instructions (except that I never get a message about connecting for text messages) and now my phone connects and plays music for about three seconds and then disconnects. The connection for using the phone seems to stay, but not for music. I give up. Thanks Toyota.

10. Jorge Aguirre

Jorge Aguirre New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have the same problem, talking to toyota they think its a faulty bluetooth part within the stereo. My wife has a camry and her unit works perfect, was looking forward to the same function in mine. If its too much to replace, I think i will just upgrade the whole unit...might be cheaper.

11. PriusNeckBeard

PriusNeckBeard Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Omid - THANK YOU for this.
    I'm going to try this.
    My situation is: I can make calls, but streaming music, which used to work, is out. So frustrating.
    I'll go try your fix and report back

dpham - please revise your original post #1, and insert the fix above.
    That will save people having to read three pages just to find it.
    Thx much,
    PNB

12. tevogel

tevogel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    IV
    i tried it also and works good

13. leegart

leegart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

14. leegart

leegart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That solved the problem for me. good tip!

15. Brett121

Brett121 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry to bump and old thread, but this problem has reared its ugly head in my 2012 Prius 3.

I can't get the Bluetooth to come on at all, which I suspect needs to happen to unpair any devices.

My Note 3 was happily streaming away with Pandora and conference callscould be made during commute, but out of the blue the Bluetooth "turned off" and I can't get it started up again.

I'd love to try Omid's suggestion, but I can't get past step 3, unless there's a way to unpair my phone without the BT being turned on.

Anyone else still having this issue?