1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Car does not start

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Ahmedmoh1018, May 1, 2023.

1. Ahmedmoh1018

Ahmedmoh1018 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Please, I do not know what is the issue exactly, I was trying to start my car today but it did not start at all, even I do not have power in all the car the interior lights, the door, I tried to use the jumper to start it but no thing at all, not even the light for the security system, that is weird, yesterday it was working with out any issue, but today I am so disappointed from what happened, could you help my to know what is issue please.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    measure the 12 v voltage. sometimes you have to take it out of the circuit for a jump start

3. SB6

SB6 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Where did you jump from? At the jump point under the hood, or directly at the battery?

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Agree. The first and most fundamental check is 12v voltage using a meter. If there are no lights or indications of power anywhere I would suspect a fuse has blown. Voltage checks in the engine fuse box is the place to check, again using a meter.

Measuring at the 30 amp Engine WP fuse would be helpful.

IMG_1982.jpeg

#4 rjparker, May 1, 2023
    Last edited: May 1, 2023