1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My CRASH! Is it totaled?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by markzvo, Nov 21, 2006.

1. vsness

vsness New Member

I got hit on 11-21. I think it was a very bad week for Prius owners. So far I am hearing everyone was OK, so that is good news.

My front side passenger wheel is tilted into the wheel well about 30degrees. I can't see the damage being less than $10K. I haven't gotten the estimate yet. This is a 2006 pkg 8 and I am more upset about loss of value due to this hit. It was not my fault and the other insurance company is picking up the total tab to include a no cost rental to me as long as I need.

Any suggestions on asking and getting the ins company to total the car? I feel cheated that the car will never be worth what it should be due to the damage history AND I am not sure any claim for depreciated value will be available to me here without getting an attorney.

Signed,
    "Missing my Sparky"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MindSky @ Nov 22 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]353155[/snapback]</div>

2. markzvo

markzvo New Member

3. Tony_Min

Tony_Min New Member

Boy, that looks like pretty serious damage. In fact, the engine even fell out....

4. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would really push them to total it. I'd never feel safe driving that car again IMHO...

Not sure whether this is a joke or not, but they removed the engine to facillitate the repair I'm sure.

5. rob33ford

rob33ford New Member

anyone know if the hybrid system needs to be reset after a crash? i rebuilt an 04 with front end damage (no airbag deployment)but i get the hybrid system warning light and cannot get the ready light so engine wont start or drive. scanned for codes with my own hand held scanner and no codes are present.