1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Daughter Wants to Buy an SUV

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by bee13, May 9, 2007.

1. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bee13 @ May 9 2007, 12:29 AM) [snapback]438066[/snapback]</div>
    Suggest a Toyota Highlander or Ford Escape. If she's dead set on the SUV, at least she should consider a hybrid.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ May 21 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]446799[/snapback]</div>
    Renting two vhehicles a for a whole month each is pretty expensive... maybe 1.5 to 2 weeks a piece would be enough to prove the point.

3. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Almost 2 years ago when my sister was about 25 she bought a brand new Trailblazer. I had a Honda Insight at the time, wanting a Prius, and I tried to talk her into a Highlander Hybrid or Escape Hybrid instead, but she got it her way. Shortly after I got my Prius I decided to move from Utah back to Texas again and she offered to drive my Prius back if I flew her up to Utah and I would drive my other car. By the time we made it back to Texas she was quite jealous of the Prius and had tons of fun with the luxuries her GM is missing like the GPS, bluetooth, leather, etc... She sounds like she really wishes she had gotten a Prius. Her husband just got an almost new Silverado crew cab this year, but he works for a police dept near Houston and only lives just down the street from the station but he needs to be able to get there even when Houston is having it's seasonal floods, so they both want to stick with higher trucks and SUVs because of the regular flooding where they would probably be trapped in a Prius.

4. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My buddy just took his Navigator to the gas station today and paid $96.85 to fill it up and gets about 450 miles on a tank. I pay about $26 and get about 600 miles. Nuff said.

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tadashi @ May 23 2007, 07:25 PM) [snapback]448600[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, but according to the 26-year old in question, status and image are worth more than merely money...
    [sigh]

6. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ May 23 2007, 08:32 PM) [snapback]448607[/snapback]</div>
    This is true.

I put a transformer sticker on my Prius -

*rubs fingers on shirt*