1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My "fart can" has arrived from Japan

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Pinto Girl, Nov 18, 2007.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 19 2007, 04:37 PM) [snapback]541720[/snapback]</div>
    I hope my reply was not viewed as one of the judgmental ones, but you were so critical of yourself in your OP that you really did invite criticism.

And while many Prius owners consider ownership of a Prius as a baseline for environmentalism, I personally do not. The Prius is the best gasoline-burning car being built today, but it still burns gas and puts carbon into the environment. We Prius owners are paddling a little bit more slowly toward the waterfall of ecological disaster than are the drivers of other cars, but we are still paddling toward the waterfall.

"Being 'okay' from an ecological standpoint" would mean paddling away from the waterfall. None of us is doing that, and it's probably not possible to do that and maintain the middle-class American lifestyle we all do.

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What galaxee and Godiva and ShellyT wrote: put it on, go, and sin no more. If this were the worst thing any of us did with respect to the environment the world would be in pretty good shape.

Now, does anyone know where to get a Jetsonmobile sound effect module?

3. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 18 2007, 01:12 AM) [snapback]541140[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting that in recent months you have become more aware of the need to curb unnecessary or extravagant spending. Multiply your change of attitude by millions of consumers world-wide and the result could be a significant improvement in attitudes to spending. The fact that it has happened to you means that it has happened to many other consumers.

And congratulations for confessing - it gives hope that attitudes will change for the better. It IS important.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just think its cool that Pinto-Girl has a FART CAN!

She wants the prius to sound like one of those lowrider hondas! You go Pinto!!!!

Shes stepping outside of the perverbial box, I really mean it when I say you go Girl!!

Yeah those darn Prius people I had one last friday putzing down the road 40 iin a 45 zone, the other drivers where riding the prius bumper. LOL until they looked over at me and they just backed off like 4 car lengths I pulled over the prius and asked them what their hurry was ... I told them I was saving them from road rage and I wanted to know what they thought of the car? they loved it the elderly male said this was the first time an officer ever stopped him to look at his car....

I gave him a card with this website written on it..

I did tell him to try and keep up with the flow of traffic at least the speed limit and just ajust his starts and cruising speeds.

If Pinto doesnt put it on the car she could make a "Fart Can Still" and make Prius Whiskey..

Another point is that you dont have to worry about people complaining that her prius is too quiet! ;) B)