1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My first drive home from the dealer!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by windstrings, Jan 21, 2006.

1. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Mine had 5 miles on it too!!

Ok can you get the navigation ALL figured out and help me with it? I can read manuals but I'm not very good at understanding them. :blink:

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Sure.. once I get that far..... There are others that have it down perfect by now..... I'm just learning.

3. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Ok but it shouldn't take you long to figure it out. Your good with that kind of stuff right?

I'm going to to read the manual and try to absorb it. I may have to read it in the car so I can try stuff out while reading it. I learn better buy doing that.

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats at long last, Windstrings!! :D

5. Florida Prius

Florida Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    "Nah.. that wouldn't work neither..... I might be called a redneck..... "

And what's so wrong with that?? At least we can move our homes if we don't like where we live.... LMAO!

6. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    LOL!!! Good one! :lol: :p

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Tracy, you asked about the NAV manual.... just based on what I'm finding... it does some really awesome things....WOW!

I recommend you start with the little manuals and go big.... you have 4.

1. Read the small pocket manual first.... then if you need go to your car, sit inside and read it again... making sure you see every button it talks about and orient yourself.
    2. Now take the NAV system quick reference guide... again read in once in the comfort of your home... then move to the car and see if you can get it to do all the the things it says.
    3. Now take the NAV owners manual "the white one" and do the same.
    4. Lastly take your drivers owners manual and digest that.

Don't be in a rush... do it as you have time and are in the mood over several days... just don't forget and "Not" read it.... but it does take time to digest all this.

There will be a tempation to let it go and not read anymore once you get the basics down... but this is too cool of a stuff to not be aware of what you have!

If something appears too complicated.. just mark it to come back later, and/or post a question here if further reading doesn't help.

It seems these are written pretty good with lots of pictures.... Good Luck.

8. ELdriftwood

ELdriftwood New Member

:) Congradulations!
    I share the feeling I just drove my new 2006 Driftwood Pearl Pirus home from the dealer last night was in and out with my new car in an hour. I love it. I was a little nervous at first since I hadn't even test drived one and here I was backing out of the dealer lot and taking off. WOW I wasn't expecting a color back up camera that was neat. My dealer in San Jose said that is usally is allocated 30 Pirus but this time he only got two and they were both spoken for. I been reading the manuals and can't wait for it to be light out so I can go play.

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Yea.. my schedule has stunk lately... up at 4:00... off at 16:00... things going on ine the eves...... I need time to play.... at least I get to get on PC at work when its not busy.
    I'm working too much..... gotta pay off two prius's I suppose? :D

10. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    thanks.. I'll be doing that.. guess I'll need two of almost everything I get......

I'm still waiting for my barcelona.... man I like that color!.....

It has a bewitching attraction that just kinda "sucks you in!".. the more your around it, the more you like it!

11. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Thanks! I will try that! I have been reading the manual to try to siwtch the FOB to open all doors after I open the drivers door and I can't seem to be able to get it switched after trying about a dozen times by following what the manual says. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. :(

12. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    windstrings:

Your Post #1 in this thread really put a wide nice person grin on my face. Those of us who have been so dang lucky to have a Prius can totally relate to your feelings. By the way, I love my barcelona. It is way better in real life than in any picture. Have fun.

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Yea. the Silver Pine Mica is a beauty.. when we were picking it up.. there was a barcelona Red I was lusting over.... Its like a dog salivating at the dinner table as it watches his master eat a T-Bone!......

I was doing pretty good at the waiting game, until that..... now its terrible to feel the anticipation flowing through my veins!... Its neat I get to play with the Mica "of my wifes" in the wait, but that red is quite the color!

When I saw it under the lights at night, it looked like a deep candy apple red that you just kinda got lost in and you gazed into the color... its quite the charmer!

I"ve seen one in the Sunlight too... its a whole different experience..... IMO, its quite the head turner!... Of course I know everyone really likes the color they picked cause when your in love with the car.. the color is good no matter what it is.... but at any rate I don't regret my decision on the red.

My wife really likes her Mica color too, But when she looked at the red when it was side by side hers.... all she could say it "thats definately your color!" :lol:

thanks!

14. John in Portland

John in Portland New Member

Windstrings:

Sounds like love at first sight! Congratulations on your new baby!!!

Since you have been so good at positng your inmpressions, we would love to hear how you find the car over the longer term, and also e.g. whether you find that the BT stiffening plate (other thread) is something you notice benefit from.

Also, please let us know how it goes with your other Prius order through Bob Lee - or if you decide to cancel and go with your other source. Hope everything goes just well for you with #2 Prius. :D

15. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

When did you order olends?

I am waiting too.. ordered 9/05, down in Peekskill

16. Toodlebug

Toodlebug New Member

Since my brother is on the team that designed the Prius I have been following its progress since long before it was finally introduced. All I have to say to my brother is "Great job, Bill!"

I picked up my 06 Driftwood Pearl, package #8 Prius Friday. I will be occupied with reading the manuals and playing for a long time. Everytime I start to go back inside, I find something else I want to program or check out.

17. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I forgot which one you are waiting for?.... you might let me know since we're close in case I run across one.

18. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Welcome Toodlebug........ so what all have you programmed so far?.. besides the SKS to open all doors!

19. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Yeah I wanna know too!

20. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I think I want to play with turning up the audio sensitivity on the mic so the NAV center can hear my voice easier without having to speak so loud.