1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My first flat tire

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Pixie, Dec 9, 2004.

1. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

It isn't Goodyear you should have gone to, but rather Toyota. The road hazard is convered through (if not by) Toyota dealer.

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Road hazard claim #: 1-877304-6495. Look in your Roadside Assistance Program pamphlet.

3. Pixie

Pixie New Member

Bear in mind that my dealings with Toyota and Goodyear were after the tire had already been repaired. Because there were so many people on hand at the time (admittedly, a rare happenstance), I didn't need to call anyone and was back on the road an hour after it happened.

Had I needed to, Toyota would have been the ones to call for a rescue at the scene. When I called Toyota a few days later to ask about having the tire inspected for safety, they said to call Goodyear since it was no longer considered a road hazard situation.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

That's bogus. They are supposed to reimburse you for the repair. Included in that, should be making sure the tire remains safe to drive on. After all, you did drive 2 miles on a flat. Tires usually don't survive that. Quite frankly, I am suprised it wasn't chewed up by the time you got to the end of the bridge.

What they may be using as a loophole was the pre-authorization clause, but still, that is very bogus, and puts a bad rep on the RoadSide assistance and Toyota themselves. Are they really willing to risk their reputation, and your safety for a measily $30?