1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My first PRIUSC Hypermiler trip Wow

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by hoarybat, Jul 20, 2012.

1. hoarybat

hoarybat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I went to work off hours so I had minimal traffic. RT today was 12.9 miles. I'm no expert hypermiler yet but I will take it! The first two miles I was mostly going down hill and it stayed on 99.9 mpg as I went slow 30mph. On the way home I was easy on the accelerator during the last two miles as it was now a climb. This trip was in ECO mode:

[​IMG]

mremaximus likes this.
  2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice work! Just think, once everything breaks in and you have more seat time it will get even better! Until winter comes. :(

3. hoarybat

hoarybat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes since I am in NewEnland winter will be interesting. Oh by the way I had good luck making my own Boric Acid oil treatment with an added ingredient that I don't think anyone has tried yet which is starting to improve the process. I have used my old junk boxes as guinea pigs while testing it in these old ICE's. Mileage up from 3% improvement to 6% improvement with ICE idling temperature reduction improvement as well. Still too early for complete feedback which will take more time. Thanks again...

4. Surrylic

Surrylic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Boric acid oil treatment??

SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 ? 2

5. hoarybat

hoarybat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes Boric acid with Borax and a little water and a solubility agent. It's all over the internet with varied results. The minimal hydration (water) activates the Boric acid/Borax enabling it to create a permanent nano film bonding between metal surfaces decreasing friction. The key is water and oil don't mix! So after trying many water/oil soluble agents I found one which I believe allows the oil and water suspensions to combine well which is essential for bonding. A 1-2% increase in mpg is noticeable within a few days and more as the days/hours/mileage pile up. The added water soon evaporates. Again the key is getting the ingredients to be miscible and soluble. In the weeks and months to come I will have some more feedback. Anyway here is my Hypermile trip this evening: 93MPG

[​IMG]