1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My first project- Satellite radio!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mike 06 Gen II, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Mike 06 Gen II

Mike 06 Gen II New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all! I just purchased an 06 Prius with 2nd level trim package so no Nav or Satellite Radio. I did notice that the previous owner had an XM antenna mounted just behind the regular antenna so today I traced where the wire to it ran along the driver side and popped the left vent off and there was the antenna wire! I want to mount the Onyx portable below the regular radio near the floor as I have seen in some other installs here so I loosened the driver's lower dash and worked it down to just to the right of the ODBII..Then it was simple just to run it under the lip of the lower center cover and now I just need to wait until Monday for it to get here. Amazon had a new open box buy that I got on Prime and the nice thing about the portable is I can use the antenna that comes with it in my 1977 Dodge Camper van restoration and shift it between vehicles..

I will update when it is all hooked up.

Thanks for looking in..

2. Mike 06 Gen II

Mike 06 Gen II New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Onyx Sirius/XM radio got here and was just a plug and play! So simple, just plugged antenna and power source in and it connected. The adapter plug is huge though- really sticks out from the two plug splitter I am using on the passenger side outlet. I subscribed and got activation and a three month free trial and listened to Rachel Maddow while tooling around on errands. Love it!
    Not quite done yet. I still need to clean up the wiring and mount it and I will share some pics here when done, too hot today to finish.

davecook89t likes this.