1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My friend Autumn has Muscular Dystrophy, you can help.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by brad_rules_man, Aug 9, 2010.

1. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You guys know I don't tend to ask for much on here, or post annoying chain letters or anything of the such. But this is my best friend, and I have been wondering what I could do to help for a long time now. The things I might say in the next few sentences I haven't shared on facebook or myspace or anywhere she could see it. I don't want her to know or have it on her mind what I feel, or feel guilty or pathetic or anything of the sort. She's actually quite the opposite. I have however, seen her go downhill since I originally met her several years ago. She's the sweetest girl you could ever encounter in life. She isn't all "innocent like" she's can cuss and talk really dirty as good as the rest of us, :p But she is adorable and has one of the biggest hearts I've ever encountered. just between you prius-chatters and I, I donated $100 on the spot. She didn't want to take it, she said that I have too big of a heart, and she felt like she was taking advantage of me. AND IT WASN'T EVEN FOR HER! I can't afford to make huge donations, but to me that was really something big. I did however want to see how much I might be able to help her with her cause. She means a lot to me, and I have honestly cried thinking about her and her condition, her life, and what the future may hold, what it sometimes does to her, and how brave she is and how she overcomes it. She is also Austin's friend. (That_Prius_Car) I am passing this along to all of you.

A letter from Autumn:

As many of you know, I have muscular dystrophy. Most of you probably don't understand what that means though. The type of muscular dystrophy I have is facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy. (or FSHD for short) What this means is, I have a hereditary muscle disease that causes progressive muscle weakness.

The usual location of these weaknesses are the face (facio), shoulder girdle (scapulo) and upper arms (humeral). Some everyday things most people don't even think about, I have a hard time doing. Such as smiling, closing my eyes completely, lifting things over two pounds, lifting my arms over my head, whistling, winking and walking.

FSHD is worldwide in distribution, it affects both sexes equally and has no particular racial, geographic or ethnic distribution. Therefore, FSHD can appear in ANY family and happen at ANY time.

As of now there is no cure or treatment for FSHD. Yet, there is hope. I have decided to "Be a Star" and raise money for this years telethon. BUT I need your help. All you have to do is go to this website ( https://www.joinmda.org/2010centralilstars/NautumRose ) to make a secure, online donation before 09/06/10. Your donation will not only help me but also help other families who live with neuromuscular disease. If you don't feel safe making an online donation, you may send money to me via paypal, check or cash. Don't hesitate to call or email me with any questions.

This money does NOT go to me personally, but to the MDA in central Illinois.

Thank you so much for any donation you make. Feel free to pass this note on to friends and family members.

2. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is the sweetheart right here.

Attached Files: