1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My Genuine Toyota Signal Mirrors Are Installed!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by naterprius, Apr 14, 2005.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It really is not as bad as I make it sound. Nothing really delicate or requiring much force. The instructions are excellent, just skip the part about taking apart the motor and pivot assembly.

The hardest part is fishing the wiring through the doors. Just make sure you tie them to the existing harness to avoid interference with the window!

Nate

2. Silverstreak05

Silverstreak05 New Member

I want some too

Dear naterprius, Your "imported" signal mirrors are soooo cooool! they look really great. :D I have a Millenium Silver '05 and would love to buy a pair for my car. Can you send me the order information? or can I order them through you? How much do they cost? Thanks alot for sharing this discovery. It not only adds beauty to the car, but safety too.
    Thanks,
    Silverstreak '05 :p

3. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Here is a site where you can order them in the USA:

http://www.newtoyotaparts.com/product/?id=1274

I got mine from a friend in Japan for just a little less, but it took some effort on his part. I did it because the website above (part of Carson Toyota) didn't list my color 8S2.

Please read all my posts in this thread before deciding to order; there are a few issues you need to know about.

I can help you locate and identify the three wires needed to connect to the car.

Nate

4. RobotMan

RobotMan New Member

You said that you were able to get them because of a friend... have any advice on how someone else could get them? I think it's a great MOD that adds uniqueness AND safety.

5. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid