1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My great SC governor goes missing for 4 days

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Danny, Jun 22, 2009.

1. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Jenny Sanford: How I Found Out About The Affair
    About an hour after Jenny Sanford talked of her pain and feelings of betrayal, her husband brushed aside any suggestion he might immediately resign, citing the Bible and the story of King David _ who continued to lead after sleeping with another man's wife, Bathsheba, having the husband slain, then marrying the widow.

Meanwhile, questions grew about a trip to Argentina he took last summer. While Sanford has agreed to reimburse the state for part of a more-than $8,000 tab that enabled him to see the mistress, state officials indicated they never intended a South American economic development trip to hold meetings in Argentina. That was only done at the governor's behest, said Kara Borie, a spokeswoman for the state Commerce Department.

MJ: Now we get to use the bible to not only disparage other religions, gays, and women but to justify adultery. The more I am aware of what religion means to the religious the harder time I have with the whole scam. I am so very glad I am a thinking person able to run my life according to my own conclusions, and I am equally glad to be an adult not under the influence of any 'father figure' in the greater or lesser sense.

4. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So Mark is boinking Maria the news correspondent.... Wonder when/where they met up.... Kind of like another political situation in the general vicinity; just on the other side of the ideological divide....

5. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Mark might have aspirations of being King David, but somehow, I don't think they will be fulfilled.

As far as using the good book to justify adultery, wasn't that to be expected when he tried to draw a parallel to King David? Once a hypocrite, always a hypocrite.... It is kind of like being convicted of Perjury - you can never know for sure they aren't lying again....

6. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This is why the governor should resign. I don't care that he had an affair. Yes, it is hypocritical to champion "family values" and have an affair but it is not reason enough to resign.

Going AWOL for 4-5 days is very questionable behavior but still under the threshold for resignation.

Using government funds to visit your mistress is cause for resignation. It is also called embezzlement and cause for criminal prosecution. I don't care if he has offered to pay the money back. We don't let thieves return stolen goods to avoid prosecution and the governor is no better than a common thief.

1 person likes this.
  7. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Actions are only morally wrong when somebody from the OTHER party does them. Or lies about them... or whatever.

1 person likes this.
  8. Froley1

Froley1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    this incident and the previous politically based moral commentary by this governor reminds me of a Mark Twain quote:

"Nothing needs reforming more than other peoples morals."

regards
    Froley