1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My mind was blown by my Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by techno-Zen, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Those are the OEM Persona SE wheels.. they are the same as package 5 wheel but in black chrome.

2. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The look of the Prius is substantially because of the low coefficient of friction design that allows her to slip through the air so efficiently. Unlike your buddy, I count the aerodynamic shape of the Prius as part of her design beauty.

3. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Hi mad-dog-one,

Yup I agree its form and function in one package. I've tried to explain it to him but he doesn't want to hear it. OH well we all like something different I guess. But I am the one getting 50+ mpg not him in his Honda! :D The only way that car of his would get that mileage is if you dropped it down a mineshaft! LOL.

See Ya!

ES44AC

mad-dog-one likes this.
  4. szgabor

szgabor Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am not sure how good it is but I always drive over 500 miles except the coldest months during the winter Dec. Jan Febr...

Summer times close to 600 (made 600 club last July) so under 400 is nto that great .. but dont know the terrain :)

5. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Good to hear you are ecstatic over your trip mpg! Just imagine how happy you will be in maxing out the capabilities of the Prius. Not sure of your driving habits, but that trip sounds like you got about 42mpg...sounds like hard driving maybe....

I just came away from a Memorial Day roadtrip from the DC area to Baltimore MD to Lebanon PA to Philadelphia PA (via Route 422 vs I76 and its tolls) and back to the DC area. I did not start the trip with a full tank - so the 430 mile trip was split with my local drives of two fill ups of 894 miles.

My math tells me that the 430 mile trip ran me about $28 at $3.50 a gallon. Loving roadtrips again. Daytrips to the Delaware beaches are now more reasonable. Going out on a whim for lunch or dinner in the hill country out our way is a no brainer.