1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My module rebuilding process.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius92, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Prius92

Prius92 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Figured out what happened, one of the alligator clips, the wire strands inside broke off, didn't realize it and only 1-2 tiny strands were holding it. So the charger didn't really charge module 23 that well because a lot of current would of been lost as resistance through the poor condition.

2. Prius92

Prius92 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welp, that didn't fix it. In fact capacity fell further from 3194 to 3069, so I think this module is toast.

3. tracy ing

tracy ing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The rep for hitec usa has yet to reply to my interrogatory on this charger.

The manual states the charger can determine internal resistance, but it does not state the method used, which affects the interpretation of the results..

Is it injecting an AC voltage of some frequency eg 1,000 cycles and using that

or

Is it using the DC load method with the charger placing one or more loads on the cell for a second or so then executing math on the resulting voltage readings to determine the resistance

both methods are valid, but yield dramatically different results, one must know the method to interpret the results

Thanks

SFO likes this.