1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My name is Dave and I'm addicted to cats

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Dave_PH, Apr 27, 2009.

1. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Cat Malfunction. :madgrin:

2. Dave_PH

Dave_PH New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  3. Dave_PH

Dave_PH New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I didn't read all of it but my childhood cat once brought a live bird in. There's no cat malfuntion here. Did anybody bother to mention that cats think humans are just retarded cats and she was bringing it home to you as a mother cat does when she wants to teach her kittens to kill?

Okay, granted 'teach her kittens to kill' can be a surprising trait in a house pet.

4. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Yes, one of the theories was that my cat was trying to teach me how to hunt. She must have given up, the last mouse I found was a headless one outside on the front porch. That was about a month or so after the "rat" incident.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    more evidence my cats are malfunctioning: the bird chases after them. they run away.

6. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    A lot of catfood is pretty tasty, especially the Friskies Salmon dinner pate. Cat litter is useful to clean up the mess after an oil change. The litter tray is a good oil change pan

Just saying if you're not into getting a cat. Your other threads on this topic hint at a bit of reluctance

7. dwdean

dwdean Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    LOL, yeah I remember that....not to get too far off, but did you ever rat/mouse thing solved?

Then again, like I said, demon-spawn, but this could also be a serious fault in the main logic unit. You didn't drop the cat on its head did you? :rolleyes:

8. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Got rid of the rat, still have the cat.

9. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What kinda bird? If it's a chickadee, then yea, that's a problem. If it's a crow, not so much. I rescued the neighbour's cat from our roof a few weeks ago. Two big dogs had scared him up there, and when the crows started after him, I went for the ladder. Of course, by the time I got up there and coaxed him to the edge, he 'rescued' himself by flying off the eaves on to the top of the fence.

I think cats are great, though they do have that inscrutable air of superiority about them. And a great sense of play, which is probably what draws me to them. Or them to me.

Having a cat door is like giving your teenager a full set of keys and total freedom - not always a good idea. I opened the door to the laundry room late one night, and about 6 furballs tried to get out the hole all at once. Tigger'd been having a party, and got busted. Another time, he brought home the biggest frog I'd ever seen, so big only the head fit in his mouth, and he could barely drag it along. (I think it ended up being my brother's science project. The house stunk for days while he boiled the bones clean to reconstruct the skeleton.) Another day, there was a blood trail up the stairs into the kitchen, feathers everywhere, and a neatly plucked bird on the counter. Just doin' his part to support the family, intrepid hunter that he was. :)

OK, one more cat story, then I'll go. One Christmas ritual we had as kids at our friend's place down the street was to block off the living with couch cushions to make a little arena. We saved the green wrappers from the mandarin oranges, found a bunch of rubber bands, and gathered up as many cats as we could catch. We'd tie the wrappers on their feet, and toss them into the ring. They would dance and jump around like crazy, shaking their paws in the air...it was quite a show. We still giggle about it, decades later.

10. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I guess if you're routinely gone 10-15 hours a day, that would not be very fair to the pet. There is someone around my cats virtually 24x7. They appear well adjusted and content

11. Dave_PH

Dave_PH New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    As the most recent this should probably be the Kitty Consolidation thread.

A little more about the development of the Ragdoll cat breed, cats really are aliens.

"
    Baker's breeding program consisted of a handful of breeders contracted under her. She was paid a royalty fee for every kitten sold.
    As time went on, Ann Baker's statements and claims about the breed became strange, supernatural - and - very hard to believe. She publicized statements outlining how Ragdoll cats have human genes in them, that they are immune to pain & that they represent a link between us and space aliens."

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <*Insert theme from The Twilight Zone*>